Security Installer Community

Irc Door Access, Anybody Use It?

luggsey

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:05 PM

Had a look at a Integra (software driven PC application)  IRC networked system today to try and work out how to program a input to give a global open to all fire exit doors. Is it possible on this system? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

• 3 weeks later...

But breakglasses require the physical action of hitting it. Or what if someone is stood at the reader side of a door and they have to go through it due to the location of the fire, the bgu is on the opposite side and the cat 5 door access network cable is fried the door remains locked and the person is in a spot of bother. I always was under the impression the doors on a fire route should automatically release to free swinging on fire?

Depends, sometimes green bg's are not suitable, customer convenience, many potential reasons. But again i should add the caveat that the breakglass may not be suitable. Depends on the risk assessment and the site

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Our boss always gets us to fit a Breakglass and asks for the fire relay by the door as well. We took over as site with about 40 door on and that is software driven. They has an issue with the data line and half the door didn't open on there weekly test.

I agree ninja i dont think software driven alone is suitable or meets regs but maybe like james is saying if its coupled with bgu then maybe its ok.

I personally would go for interfaces micco or whatever else you want to call them just for peace of mind.