Security Installer Community

Your Tools

AlarmScot

I was just thinking about this today. 

So we all have our tools for installing systems and etc,  My tools are supplied by my employer however I know plenty of you work for yourselves or supply your own tools which I like to ask

What tools do you carry?

If you had to pick your favourite tool what would it be and Why?

We have a good chat at work about this and many guys who not make there mind up. 

Norm

SEOT

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Well if you want the most important tool that would be the terminal screwdriver you can't do much without one.

As for favourite that would be difficult to choose but I suppose cable rods.

The feeling of pride from installing cables neatly in walls and cavities makes up for some of the **** I put up with.

I did my apprenticeship at BT and they gave me a full set of technical tools. By far the best quality I have ever seen. I cherish those that I have left and last month found the No.1 screwdriver that has been with me for €$>~% years, lost when oblast moved. So tough I even used it as a drill bit once up a ladder on call and it didn't damage the blade. Amazing tools. Heaven knows what they make them from.

T-Strippers.  So much better than any other wire cutters/strippers I've used.   And no, the 'T' doesn't stand for Tranny.

I use T-Strippers rather than Wire Strippers and I never thought about the T, I just assumed it was like you get K Strippers and B Strippers. 

However don't google T Strippers the result was not Safe for work.

I did my apprenticeship at BT and they gave me a full set of technical tools. By far the best quality I have ever seen. I cherish those that I have left and last month found the No.1 screwdriver that has been with me for €$>~% years, lost when oblast moved. So tough I even used it as a drill bit once up a ladder on call and it didn't damage the blade. Amazing tools. Heaven knows what they make them from.

The BT Redcare equipment we get is good quality btw! 

• 4 weeks later...

while your on this subject, whats a light weight sds, my 24v bosch weighs a ton when up a ladder!

what you got?

I'd be lost without my Hitachi DH18DSL, it's lightweight and packs a decent enough punch for everything I need.

It only comes with 1 battery but it's the same connection as the Hitachi 18v drill drivers, I have 2 of these so no probs.

Definitely a good buy at £200, had mine nearly a year and it gets used every day.

Dewalt 10.8v set for everyday use, Very very rarely need to get my 18v out. There always go sub £100 at screwfix so worth a look. You can also by accessories for then, I've got the dab radio, touch and sub charger that all run off the 10.8v battery.