Security Installer Community

Signalling Question

morgan306

On an PD6662/EN50131 system, if the system is activated followed by a tamper, would it send an intruder, followed by confirmed, or intruder then tamper?   I think confirmed, but I'd like to be sure as I have a grading exam tomorrow.

cheers!

no if pins it should send an intruder then a tamper. some fw versions will treat that as a confirm, some wont. If sia then the arc procedures will decide. Pins are out of date and have been for some years

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Just had a look through my notes.

It should as James said send a tamper now if set, not an unconfirmed. However, if another detector triggers in the confirmation window it will send a confirmed is how i intemperate it?

I'm going to try it on a RI tomorrow,

Something that I am not sure on, however, when PD6662 is turned on with a Premier, it automatically selects the option of 'No confirm for device tamper', which makes me think that no confirmed should be sent

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Something that I am not sure on, however, when PD6662 is turned on with a Premier, it automatically selects the option of 'No confirm for device tamper', which makes me think that no confirmed should be sent

Tamp no confirm is only for the same device, so if the device goes active, then a tamper from the same device will not cause a confirmed alarm, however a tamper from another device in the confirmation window will.

Just had a look through my notes.

It should as James said send a tamper now if set, not an unconfirmed. However, if another detector triggers in the confirmation window it will send a confirmed is how i intemperate it?

I'm going to try it on a RI tomorrow,

Depends on the order, if tamper first then yes send tamper, if activation first then tamper from a different device, = Alarm + confirmed

dunno, it shouldnt a tamper isnt a confirm event now

but adrian knows more on the regs in his head than me

Only from the same device

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

We had a site with a keypad and speaker in the 24 hour security lodge, they had a FA one night single activation.

The temp guard had no idea of the code so started trying different codes to shut the sounder up.

Ended up going tamper keypad (Galaxy 520) anyhow it sent a confirmed upon the tamper and got policed.

Tamp no confirm is only for the same device, so if the device goes active, then a tamper from the same device will not cause a confirmed alarm, however a tamper from another device in the confirmation window will.

I don't believe this is correct.

A tamper from another device will send a tamper after the first intruder, the ARC will see the two pins and respond as a confirmed.

A tamper from another device will send a tamper after the first intruder, the ARC will see the two pins and respond as a confirmed.

This is what happened to us.

Sorry i misunderstand what you are saying, what you have said should be confirmed, Alarm from device 1 tamper from device 2 = confirmed alarm.

What i have said is tamper from device 1 followed by alarm from device 1 or vice versa does not equal confirmed.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

This is what happened to us.

Same here, I say this from experience.

Sorry i misunderstand what you are saying, what you have said should be confirmed, Alarm from device 1 tamper from device 2 = confirmed alarm.

What i have said is tamper from device 1 followed by alarm from device 1 or vice versa does not equal confirmed.

To clarify.

Two Guard zones 007 and 008 (for example).

If 007 is triggered and goes active an intruder pin is fired.

Then if 008 is tampered a tamper pin is fired not a confirmed pin.

Same here, I say this from experience.

To clarify.

Two Guard zones 007 and 008 (for example).

If 007 is triggered and goes active an intruder pin is fired.

Then if 008 is tampered a tamper pin is fired not a confirmed pin.

Then use proper signalling :D , pins should be shot, surviving pins should be shot again, and then  buried with the rest of the dinosaurs. If a tamper signal cannot contribute to a confirmed activation, what's the point of tampers? It's parts of the standards like this that are trying to educate the industry to stop using outdated nonsensical technology.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Then use proper signalling :D , pins should be shot, surviving pins should be shot again, and then  buried with the rest of the dinosaurs. If a tamper signal cannot contribute to a confirmed activation, what's the point of tampers? It's parts of the standards like this that are trying to educate the industry to stop using outdated nonsensical technology.

I am not complaining, I am explaining what happens. (on Premier panels, I might add!)

Either way the correct action is taken at the ARC, I see no issue.