Security Installer Community

Galaxy 520 Line Failcom 1

matt93

Good afternoon helpfull guys.

Ok thats the grovelling part done lol

I have a customer with a 520 ver 6.7 that i have serviced for about 3 years,

Added to the system a few times for them and never had an issue.

About 2 years ago they went from monitored to self monitoring so all line fails are disabled with dialling done on a sd1.

A few days ago they rang with this error code line failcom 1 after hitting enter it goes to alert - line fail 1

I went out and went through all programming to ensure line fails are disabled and they are. Com 1 im assuming is rs232 and not being used as they have an ethernet board that i use for rss, I checked com1 by rss into the port and all is good with that.

So i thought line 1 may be bus-1 but there is only a mk7 keyprox on that and all is good there.

Been through the building (all four floors) and checked all the rios and all seems fine. All zones are working fine so cant see it being an issue on any of the bus lines. 3 being used at present.

I cant find any ref to this fault and have never encountered it before.The logical thought of a fail on a comms line is still in the back of my mind but cant find it or disable it as its not needed.

If anybody has come across this before I would appreciate a heads up as to the cause, Nothing has been done to the system in months and no sign of any tamper anywhere but the fault will just not clear.

Thanks, Matt

Com 1 is the PSTN dialler onboard the panel, nothing to do with databus line 1.

We have had this issue a few times. Downpowering the panel, count to ten and power back up has always been the fix. Getting fault to clear that are no longer there isn't such a rare thing on a galaxy. Power cycle always seems to cure.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the reply, I should have mentioned that I tried that lol, sorry. The system has a couple of smart rios as well so powering down is a bit of a nightmare. Gotta go around the building powering down the smart rios then the panel.

I am not dismissing your idea as it was a logical one. I am going to try it again but this time ac then battery instead of the other way around.

I assumed that com 1 was on the board but took each bus line down in turn to test my theory and as you said its onboard i just didnt know what was com1. I did find a post on google that had this error as a tagline and it was to do with sms gateways so I did think dialler at one stage but dismissed it.

Thanks again and I will post back with results.

Matt

Didn't think you need to power Rios down if it's the com on the panel , just power cycle the panel,

If it doesn't work save the configuration and remove one line at a time to see how many modules get removed this would prove your theory that there is no other device somewhere extra on the line

But as above pstn otherwise

Yeti, I dropped each line on my initial tests and came to the conclusion that it must be on board thanks, If I dont disconnect the other psu,s then the panel wont go down, sits on battery backup from the powered rio.

I was heading past that way so called in, Wife works next door lol, Powered down completley again, you know you waited long enough when you get configuring on power up., Same result unfortunatley, It reappears on power up and wont budge.

Starting to think that the panel might need replacing as they could be an actaual fault, Annoying as the dialler is not even used.

Any other ideas ? I cant think of any. I may try and call again tomorrow and leave the panel down for half hour. Cant see it making much difference, The only other thing I could think of was to default the panel and restore it from a backup but I think thats a long shot.

If you're back feeding 12v from smart RIO's to the panel, then that is another issue you need to resolve!  

Also, double check line fail is disabled, menu 56/1/10. Check line volts,incoming call etc are all disabled, then go into perameters 51, and do a restart.

If you're back feeding 12v from smart RIO's to the panel, then that is another issue you need to resolve!

Also, double check line fail is disabled, menu 56/1/10. Check line volts,incoming call etc are all disabled, then go into perameters 51, and do a restart.

Ah beat me to it! As he said resolve your power issue

I would check again your settings you may have missed something , did the place. ever use a pstn connection?

How did you drop each line?

ok I ran out quickly while the wife was cooking tea lol,. thats me in the bad books, Good job this is not far away from home,

I have a resolution albeit poss a temp one.

I went to check on the power issue to see if its connected to this prob, Im almost sure that the smart rios were keeping the system up when i first took it down, I need to check that, To be honest I assumed that it was correct. This is the only job I have encountered smart rios and I thought that it was a good idea that the whole system could be powered from all the backup batteries in them. Will check all the power connections and see where the issue lies on that.

Ok back to my original issue. I thought I would see if the dialler actually worked while I was there, If it didnt then it would confirm that the board may need changing.

I changed over the pstn from the dialler ,I threw in my mobile number, dodgy account no for a test,and reenbled the line volt check. Then did a engineer test in comms. It dialled my mobile and sat waiting for a handshake, Never got one as my impression of dtmf tones are pretty poor, It redialled and same again as my impression had still not improved.

So I know that the dialler works so why the error, Dropped out of engineering mode and guess what, error cleared.

How long it lasts is another matter,

I can only assume that something has been wanting to dial out, No changes in the settings and no unusual activity in the log so what it was i dont know.

I have disabled all triggers for comms so hopefully if this lasts it will never happen again.

Home for tea now, Thanks for your help guys, Will poss look at the power issue but that will be billable as its not related to this so I dont think he will want me to.

Hopefully if someone is googling an answer similar to this problem it may help them.

Matt

• 7 years later...