Security Installer Community

Galaxy 16+ Upgrade

Quintas

Hi, there.

I have an Ademco-Microtech Galaxy 16plus. 

1) Can I install an expansion wireless module connected to one of the free zones and use wireless GB? Does that work like that?

2) Galaxy has a personal attack (PA) function in the keypads, pressing *0, but mine doesn't work. I have 2 keypads and it doesn't work in either. The programming is OK and enabling that function. Any hints why it doesn't work? 

Thank you all.

1- Whats a wireless GB?  Is it glass break?  If it's a single device you want to connect to a single zone on your panel then you could get a single zone receiver.

Such thing as

http://www.visonic.com/Products/Wireless-Property-Protection/Glass-break-detector-mct-501

and

http://www.visonic.com/Products/Wireless-Property-Protection/Receiver-mcr-304

2- Keypad PA function is *2 I think, don't remember what *0 is.  It's silent PA though.

egg03064.gif

Thank you both for the replies.

JB, that MCR-304 receiver is really what I was looking for. The MCR-308 Wireless Interface for Hard-Wire Control Panels will also do.

For wireless GB I really meant a Glass Break detector. Is it that easy to jam wireless devices as I read on the net? The MCR-304 Installation Instructions themselves say that "Receivers may be blocked by radio signals occurring on or near their operating frequencies." A bit scary, no?

As posted here http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/37410-outdoor-dt-and-indoor-glassbreak/, can you confirm if GB are any good on double glazing windows (I think this is what I meant, according to the reply I got; anyway it's a window with 2 sheets of glass with air ou vacuum between them)? 

Regarding the PA activation button on the MK3 keypad you are right. The *2 is the only one that I can trace in the MK3 log. The *0 doesn't even leave any register. Anyway the *2 also doesn't work. It must have something to do with Outputs programming. It´s a bit hard for me to understand that since I only have an english manual with bugs after all, as I just found out (my manual says it's *0 and it should be PA, not Silent PA)

post-65929-0-81242300-1411312804_thumb.j

but I will try again.

Edited by Quintas