Security Installer Community

Csl Dualcom Digiair Gprs

datadiffusion

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

We've been looking at the Digi Air range to phase out digital communicators. We've been looking also at the Redcare Solo. The Redcare Solo has the ability to interrogate the control panel to amend the control panel where needed and service. Will the Digi-Air support this?

We've been looking at the Digi Air range to phase out digital communicators. We've been looking also at the Redcare Solo. The Redcare Solo has the ability to interrogate the control panel to amend the control panel where needed and service. Will the Digi-Air support this?

If you mean UDL yes over dial capture so that means needing a digi on your panel of choice.

Not looked at the Solo but would assume it's the same.

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, I know nothing about UDL to be honest. It is something I have been looking into.

If using the dualcom for UDL, does that mean you use their platform to do the dialling etc, rather than needing a modem at the office on its own phone line?

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, I know nothing about UDL to be honest. It is something I have been looking into.

If using the dualcom for UDL, does that mean you use their platform to do the dialling etc, rather than needing a modem at the office on its own phone line?

Yes you connect to thier network and then use the normal udl software for the panel.

Check with CSL on how the UDL workswith your panel tho. -doesn't work with galaxy G2 yet IIRC.

We had two guys from webway come and see us. We are yet to receive some demo units they promised but to be honest we are 100% dualcom until something catastrophic happens.

Yes you connect to thier network and then use the normal udl software for the panel.

Check with CSL on how the UDL workswith your panel tho. -doesn't work with galaxy G2 yet IIRC.

Thanks mate. We are gal GD and menvier. Would be great if they supported Aritech cd range.

We have had a few problems with the last Webway Go gprs only unit we fitted last week, it locked out with network failure and wouldn't recover, had to go back to site (one hours drive away) and reset the unit on Christmas eve. It failed again yesterday but at least this time it has recovered. Webway are going to investigate, anyone else had a problem?

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

We have had a few problems with the last Webway Go gprs only unit we fitted last week, it locked out with network failure and wouldn't recover, had to go back to site (one hours drive away) and reset the unit on Christmas eve. It failed again yesterday but at least this time it has recovered. Webway are going to investigate, anyone else had a problem?

What signal strength were they showing when commissioned. We have had a few do this and not recovered so engineer sent to site and install high gain aerials. 

Problem units showing signal strength of 4 3g which isn't great

I am pretty sure it was 4, spoke to Webway tech at the time and they said it shouldn't be a problem, system is now showing Texecom panel lost but I haven't received a call from the customer yet

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Buster has raised a query in respect of a particular site and I have carried out some investigations this morning which I hope he does not mind I share with you.

The device is configured for a Grade 3 reporting time. The decision process that marks a path "bad" can take up to 5 hours to determine that a path has failed. The recovery process is initiated by the successful delivery of recovery polls, and in a Grade 3 deployment these polls can be sometime apart. 

The recovery process can be speeded up by restarting the SPT which will initiate a recommission of the device. I suspect that this was the case on Christmas Eve. Why?

First here is a snapshot of the radio status this morning from the SPT. You will see that the signal is poor indicated at "2" (on a scale of 1 to 10), and whilst the device has a 3G capability the device is using the 2G network. I suspect that either 3G is down or not available on this cell.

10:06:41  GSM SIM Status: 

Waiting

Roaming SIM - Auto
        Reg. Status:     Roaming
        Signal Level:    2
        Cell Technology: 2G
        Frequency Band:  0
        1: 23410 = "O2 - UK" - Available (GSM)
        2: 23415 = "vodafone UK" - Current (GSM)
        3: 23430 = "EE" - Available (GSM)
        4: 23433 = "EE" - Available (GSM)
        5: 23420 = "" - Available (GSM)

------------------------------------
Looking at the history over the past two weeks, the signal quality has been especially poor. Whilst signal is not significant in a 3G environment, it is in 2G operation. You can see that the signal has never been above 3 during this period and both data and GSM registration has been lost on occasion.

post-7774-0-19770300-1420195272_thumb.jp

Recommendations in a situation like this:-

Single path radio does not appear suitable at this location, even with the longer reporting time of G3
An alternate path would be desirable (Broadband primary or PSTN backup)
Antenna placement - HG antenna with external installation

In reference to the Texecom, the protocol requires the SPT to inform the panel of a loss of all communication. The SPT has completed this function correctly in this instance. I expect this will continue as long as the signal quality remains poor, the likelihood is that further disruptions in signalling are likely.

Kevin (Belfast) - Looking at your sites, they are all Grade 2; so this would certainly explain the longer recovery times and a reboot would have the same effect as I mention above.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

Are you asking me about the Honeywell?

If yes then the following applies:

GD - Connect to Bus 1 (must be bus 1), using A, B terminals on SPT and the corresponding on the Galaxy.

Comms Mod 4 in menu 56, emulating an Ethernet module at SIA III.

Set your trigger events - make sure set/unset (option10) is turned on and same applies for Zone restores (option 18).

Make sure in Alarm reporting you have one gateway address entered (can be anything, loopback address of 127.0.0.1 will do) and an Account Number. As long as the Galaxy has something in these then you will be fine.

Remote Access should be turned on with access at anytime.

With the G2 (yes we support UDL), you wire & programme the same but there is a quirk in that the G2 has an option for Hardware Priority, this needs to be set for an Ethernet module.

Programming guides can be found on our website and I am sure I loaded as download here at some point.

For RSS connectivity you will need our Remote Manager S/W, PM me and I'll sort that out Monday.

Any problems, get in touch.

If you comment was not for me....ignore all that. :)

JC

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

So have one that i'm going to put on a bench panel to try the udl this coming week.

Connection wise, how do they interface with GD, and will they interface with G2 in anyway yet for UDL?

Or connect it to the GS 232 ports but you will need a line fail circuit if you do.

Most of my Gals are on 485 apart from where the ww1 is for udl only then i tend to use 232

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

At the mo we use Secures, all our GD's are on 485, the G2 uses dial capture for UDL. We still need to use a zone for LF, the Secure has a nice "galaxy mode" option for line fail, enable that and you simply connect the resistor into the zone. 

At the mo we use Secures, all our GD's are on 485, the G2 uses dial capture for UDL. We still need to use a zone for LF, the Secure has a nice "galaxy mode" option for line fail, enable that and you simply connect the resistor into the zone. 

You should be able to use 2 resistors an a 0v output with a gal. Causes issues with sabs due to current draw in alarm but this is different.

I do like the secure gen 3 board. Just hate dial capture

agreed, just a nice option on the secures imo.

And yes, had the issue on an internal elmdene INT500 sounder causing a issue when triggered. Ran the tamper return it though a 120l relay in the end!

agreed, just a nice option on the secures imo.

And yes, had the issue on an internal elmdene INT500 sounder causing a issue when triggered. Ran the tamper return it though a 120l relay in the end!

Id agree i like the option. Ideal no resistor at all though.

Always use a relay on a sounder, now...