Security Installer Community

Pir False Alarm, Eurosec Cp8L Control Panel

san-iok

Hi guys,

i moved in the new house 1 year ago, and periodically different PIR sensors causing alarms, approx every 3-4  weeks. The house is after redecoration, no bugs, no mouses. First of all i have checked log and find that, hallway 1, hallway 2, and stairs landing detectors was making alarm.  I have in total 8 of them, but only these free is making a problem at the moment.

I have Eurosec CP8L control panel with Pyronix KX10 DP passive infrared sensors, the date shows that the system was installed back in 2008.  I guess that the battery was never changed. 

Could you suggest what to do please. Can the battery cause false alarms ? Should I  change sensors for the new ones or look somewhere else ???

Thanks a lot for your help

It is triggering only when on full set. By the way i never use part set, cause i dont know zone allocation. It is not tamper alarm. As in log it says:  stair landing PIR alarm, or hallway PIR alarm.

I am start actually thinking that maybe motion detectors are installed in the wrong places, one is opposite roof window, and another one opposite A/C.

Maybe try to tape one by one and watch if they will be triggering or not ?!

The alarm is not linked to police station.

Edited by san-iok

Maybe try to tape one by one and watch if they will be triggering or not ?!

Good idea it will tell you if the pirs are/ are not seeing anything, but pointing them towards windows is no longer a bad thing technology has moved on since the 70's .The battery should have been replaced 2012, if it is faulty it will be drawing more current which will effect the voltage to the detectors. If the stairs/ hall landing detectors are the nearest or furthest cable run to the panel my money would be on the battery