Security Installer Community

Texecom Veritas R8 Replacement Pcb

matt5595

but with no rules anyone can say anything,i know you do a sterling job being a paramedic and i respect that totally but if i done a basic first aid course then went out treating people which some do id be a chancer surely without doing the quals and being affiliated to a body pardon the pun

Thats kind of you to say, but actually thats an interesting point.

Probably one reason I am so critical of others behaviour, I.e paperwork shitness suggesting a fundamental lack of knowledge and/or unwillingness to learn either first principles or learn from mistakes, is because as a paramedic it is essential to make sure your collegues arent playing fast and loose with other's lives, by making silly mistakes or taking big risks.

Also my paramedic job is a title protected by law and takes a formal qualification to achieve. However, any one can do just as you say, do a first aid course, slap blue lights on a transit. And it happens. As long as they dobt use that magic title, they can.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

datadiffusion I bet these guys havn't even filled out a risk assessment form never mind know what one is!

filling out and leaving good documentation is paramount on any job that you carry out as this not only back up yourself but also helps the next guy that jumps onto the job!, in all it's doing the best job for the client as they have to pay extra for more time taken due to **** paper work been left! 

and if you don't fill out a risk assesment form before you carry out a job and you have an injury you may aswell not be insured for anything including public liability!

Just to make one point, my decision isn't meant to look like a slur or a laugh on anyone here who is approved.

10, 5, even 3 years ago I'd have gone down that route, no question. And personally, if I was already approved now,

I wouldn't be throwing it (Intruder anyway) all away, not quite yet anyway.

I just think having thought about everything very carefully, to the point I've been probably over thinking some of it,

it doesn't feel like a good time to be starting out as approved, considering what I feel the growth areas are.

Others may have totally different requirements that means approval is right for them even if they aren't approved now.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

datadiffusion I bet these guys havn't even filled out a risk assessment form never mind know what one is!

filling out and leaving good documentation is paramount on any job that you carry out as this not only back up yourself but also helps the next guy that jumps onto the job!, in all it's doing the best job for the client as they have to pay extra for more time taken due to **** paper work been left! 

and if you don't fill out a risk assesment form before you carry out a job and you have an injury you may aswell not be insured for anything including public liability!

How's that then? My insurance policy does not place a risk assessment before each job as a mandatory requirement. I must congratulate you. Until your arrival gaz was the member who had his head in the clouds. You've got your head way above that and make union boy seem half plausible.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

datadiffusion I bet these guys havn't even filled out a risk assessment form never mind know what one is!

Are you for real?

As I said previously, what's with the lectures?

So as your clearly the expert in these matters, perhaps you'd care to explain how your risk assessment would help the next guy.

Edited by Cubit

Can't be a proper engineer so like gaz, lectures those that do without actually doing it themselves. Armchair experts. It's laughable. Came on here because couldn't wire up a r8 but is an expert on everything else.

Can't be a proper engineer so like gaz, lectures those that do without actually doing it themselves. Armchair experts. It's laughable. Came on here because couldn't wire up a r8 but is an expert on everything else.

I'm a sparky not an engineer,neither are you

Oh. So you're trained to wire up dis boards and ring mains but what you actually do is play with alarms and life safety systems?

I must remember to call the plumber next time my car has an issue. Maybe visit matalan when I want to do the food shopping.

Oh. So you're trained to wire up dis boards and ring mains but what you actually do is play with alarms and life safety systems?

I must remember to call the plumber next time my car has an issue. Maybe visit matalan when I want to do the food shopping.

marine control systems actually sparks do many different aspects of electrical work including security not just house bash

Fun! You can pretty much go all over it, its in a timewarp from 1971, but wasn't fighting even a decade before I think, just an accomodation/training ship.

Best £15 I've spent for a while. Must have been 5 last time I went on it... Proper vintage electronic ***** to look at too!

Occasionally I dip into these to see what the chatter is. I don't normally post things. Almost sorry I looked at this thread, given the pages of less-than-productive banter to a simple question!

Matt5595 - in answer to your original question, yes the Veritas PCB has changed (several years ago), but you can feel free to swap out the old one, since the board mounting and terminal layouts were unchanged. The PCB now includes auto-resetting PTCs instead of glass fuses. No this wasn't a standards-related change (as someone alluded to), it was to make life easier for customers. 

James' point below about it being potential easier to replace the entire thing, ousting and all, is valid. His comment about replacing it with another brand, however, is suspect...

As is your later praise of that "equipment" that Honeywell sells!

;-)

Not sure if they changed the mounting points. But how much more is a complete panel or an accenta etc just in case its different. Rip it out and put an accenta lcd in its place. You wouldn't get a new tx with a pcb only

And perhaps if you were more active you could have answered sooner?

True. But we all have different priorities, and I get to what I can.

Adrains more brutal :)

Risco

And, he's more capable, too!

But the last one's a cheap shot, Matthew!!  :)

True. But we all have different priorities, and I get to what I can.

Ello Jim,

maybe you could get the chance to look into the fact that our last 5 r8+ installs had issues with the bell NOT sounding when you enter a guard zone during the entry time.  Turn off EN50131 and all is better. 

There was a thread started about it, and I rang texe tech support (prior to that) but apparently they could not replicate the issue.

Will not be using them anymore until I get something solid sorted out.

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

Personally I think Texe would want to know about any "faults".

Irellevant of our spending on said panels. However Matt our relationship with Texe is partly based on our loyalty to them as a panel supplier for a long long time. I am very sure they have valued our business over the years.

Is there anyone on the planet that has had a long term business relationship with you?

Or ever will have?

where's gaz and norman etc... when u need them lol

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk