Security Installer Community

Texecom Veritas R8 Replacement Pcb

matt5595

Hi has anyone had any experience of replacing a veritas R8 PCB.

Just Ive been looking at one on security warehouse and its only £

3 questions 

1.Does the board come pre-programmed?

2.From what I can see there are no fuses present, does the PCB come with fuses to install, and are the fuse holders already installed or will I need to    solder these on?

3.will the PCB mounting holes be fit the old style casing and the new style?

heres a link to the PCB itself 

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2387

cheers in advance for any constructive comments!

Hi Matt, I think the confusion with the other members is brought about in an earlier post whereby you said you had a professional alarm co? The questions you have been asking are basic DIY, I'm sure you will understand there is no malice intended.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

So.......................

Spill the beans about your company and it will stop all the hassle you are receiving. Apologies if I was not so helpful but I misunderstood.

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

I just meant if everyone understood where you were coming from it would be easier to help out with the correct info.

When I first responded to you I thought you were just a random guy that knew nothing about alarms, sorry. It is easy to misunderstand people in just a few lines of text.

Most of us on here know where each of us work or who for as it makes sense when advising, and can lead to good business opportunities.

Many of the members on here put subcontracted work towards members that are in areas they do not cover. You may get hard cash out of it :) :)

I love your optimism.

Friendliness.....

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

Look I know you guys are experts in the area and that comes with time!, I've wired up a full honeywell galaxy 2, with an RF module and an informa dialler system, its just when it comes to old panels like texicom which I've never dealt with its alot harder.  Nobody knows everything and experience comes with time, cant be an expert like u guys over night can i 

If I baught a replacement PCB for that control panel and it was more rescent than the one before, texecom may have changed the mounting possitions, then im knackered thats why i asked first, also most panels do come with flash fuses

and yes fair enough i did ask some daft questions and I came accross daft, but thats just my **** peoples skills, not my knowledge!

Id be daft if i Just stuck to manuals, they do tell u alot but they dont give you details like that, which can waste alot of money, and if u can fit parts like PCB's fast instead of changing the whole lot its saving the client money and providing you with more clients as u can do the job cheaper!

Right anyways enough wasting time got things i need to do!

Id be daft if i Just stuck to manuals, they do tell u alot but they dont give you details like that, which can waste alot of money, and if u can fit parts like PCB's fast instead of changing the whole lot its saving the client money and providing you with more clients as u can do the job cheaper!

Right anyways enough wasting time got things i need to do!

I am sure it seems like you are getting the third degree here, however, as has been already said you are asking very basic questions.

It seems like your a little naive running an alarm company with very little knowledge or experience, and poorly run companies with engineers that have little or none experience give the industry a bad name. I am sure that you are doing your best, and the reason you are here is that you are trying to learn, but you seem to be out of you depth which again is worrying. If you asked any one of the alarm company owners here how they started their business and learned their trade none of it would be thanks to the forums, most id guess over 99.9% would have started off working for another alarm company.

look its just old panels that im not familiar with, if you asked me to install a galaxy 2 with an rf module, and an informa dialler id do it with my eyes closed.  Ive got a BEng in electronic design, an MSc in electrical power engineering and ive had many years experience in electrical design working in building services!.  If i do a job i'll make sure i leave it working!

I'll fill out all the documentation, including maintenance records and I'll also include the correct spelling so the client can read it!

I will wire my systems to BS7671 and will conform to grade 2 alarm installations!, if i wanted to be like them vultures id not try save the client money id change the panel and over charge them for something they dont need

.  Ive got a BEng in electronic design, an MSc in electrical power engineering and ive had many years experience in electrical design working in building services!.  If i do a job i'll make sure i leave it working!

and your house bashing

Did you charge for that 1st visit? As I would say the little old lady is due a refund or similar.

To be honest that is a simple repair and if you cannot support that panel you should be honest with the client.

I would not charge to fix something I cannot fix

END OF

Ive installed many systems and they all work fine, but i dont like texicom I only use honeywell cause its what I prefer and what I know!

END OF

tbh everyone that comes on trying to do alarms without knowing much are always super qualified engineers bit of a waste imo

Edited by goncall

We think you are Matthew Brough of 4i security otherwise known as chunk or similar