Security Installer Community

Wireless Alarm For New Build Bungalow

Pat

Looking for some advice on new build bungalow, wanting to fit a wireless alarm initially during build to protect property in first fix works allowing Pir’s to be located not to impede works and easily rearranged, but with the view to have the system incorporated in project final fit.

What would be the views on say a Scantronic i-on16 which is totally wire free with the end station powered via an inverter and a standby 12v 80Amp Gel battery for the inverter until such time mains power available or alternatively a Texecom Premier Elite 12-w live  which would have the benefit of 8 Ricochet enabled wireless zones with another 4 zones for wired devices which can used in the second fix?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking for some advice on new build bungalow, wanting to fit a wireless alarm initially during build to protect property in first fix works allowing Pir’s to be located not to impede works and easily rearranged, but with the view to have the system incorporated in project final fit.

What would be the views on say a Scantronic i-on16 which is totally wire free with the end station powered via an inverter and a standby 12v 80Amp Gel battery for the inverter until such time mains power available or alternatively a Texecom Premier Elite 12-w live  which would have the benefit of 8 Ricochet enabled wireless zones with another 4 zones for wired devices which can used in the second fix?

There is a far more suitable product for non mains powered that can be converted to mains when available. http://www.videofied.com/eu/uk/home/

Look at the Videofied system. Can be completely wireless with camera built into PIR's when building.

Then just add power to panel in cupboard when mains is in.

Great minds think alike :) Put 7 of them in this week.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Pat are you planning on building in the loft? If not then I would strongly recommend that you speak to three installers in your area. Wireless is a lot better than it was ten years ago but in the case of a new build I would get it wired, and the same for an already built bungalow you would not see any cables if the system is installed by a professional. Wired is always better than wireless even if you only take into account the money you save on batteries each year. I would only ever install wireless where it is not possible to hard wire without hiding the cables

FFS... the world gone mad.

Why? This system can be installed when the bricks go up or with external PIR's even when the foundations are in place and the premises are protected.

Once the build has been done then install as per customer request... Plus they get video. No cables and house protected.

There is a far more suitable product for non mains powered that can be converted to mains when available. http://www.videofied.com/eu/uk/home/

Great minds think alike :) Put 7 of them in this week.

Can you send me prices for monitoring please Matt. cheers

!

I can't be bothered with a conversation about why a wired system in a bungalow is better than a wireless system, it's a pointless argument if we're even having the conversation in the first place.

OP wants a temp alarm to reuse in the finshed project.

I'd say wire the unplastered building for an alarm ;)

Totally agree but whats being pushed is leaving the temp radio system in afterwards which is just poor on a new build period let alone a bungalow.

Totally agree but whats being pushed is leaving the temp radio system in afterwards which is just poor on a new build period let alone a bungalow.

yeah but your proper alarm trade,

bet you'd want to do the alarm with CMC's, flush kepads & signalling ect you oddball.....

Edited by MrHappy

Mr? Veritas God

Videofied is made for what the OP requires.

Wanting to protect his house while in build stage and can use the same equipment when the house is built.

No wires to be run and cost of a new system?

Edited by Alarm Protection

!

*cough* videofied has wired inputs.

Double standards! Detectors must be hard wired but wireless non complaint signalling will be fine.

:no:

ok, fair point. sort of. it must be compliant otherwise they wouldn't sell it as a compliant product - even if that compliance is self-certed..  if their self-cert is not accurate or true  then surely the other signalling firms would kick up a fuss?

regardless of the comms the fundamental system needs to be reliable and the only way to achieve that is to install to a high standard a cabled system.  that audible only system will do the job for which most end users want it to do.  those who don't require any comms for insurance can be up-sold to key holder using a product which does not cause us headaches and makes us money.  

yeah but your proper alarm trade,

bet you'd want to do the alarm with CMC's, flush kepads & signalling ect you oddball.....

in all honesty i'd rather be doing something which actually held some interest. i'm on a slippery slope at the moment of really starting to detest our industry and even resent the fact i'm stuck in it.

ok, fair point. sort of. it must be compliant otherwise they wouldn't sell it as a compliant product - even if that compliance is self-certed..  if their self-cert is not accurate or true  then surely the other signalling firms would kick up a fuss?

regardless of the comms the fundamental system needs to be reliable and the only way to achieve that is to install to a high standard a cabled system.  that audible only system will do the job for which most end users want it to do.  those who don't require any comms for insurance can be up-sold to key holder using a product which does not cause us headaches and makes us money.  

in all honesty i'd rather be doing something which actually held some interest. i'm on a slippery slope at the moment of really starting to detest our industry and even resent the fact i'm stuck in it.

that's because your reading too much of Matts interpretation of the future. His ideas aren't new just rehashed. It used to be speech dialers then text now it's cloud and apps. Give him a couple of weeks and he will be on to the next big thing and don't let the buggers get you down.

I love what we do.

Tonight on my way back from Sheffield I used my mobile from the car to our engineers line in the office, as the office is closed the GOIP (free GG 2 GG) asked for my eng code and then allowed be to call my wife in Ireland on an extension, all free!

A few weeks back we automated commissioning paperwork. Come on its realy intresting stuff we do, having to install the odd system is a small price to pay.

Edited by MrHappy

Customers!

I don't think so! What have I got to do with him feeling disengaged?

He's not alone. I've spoken with a few this week who feel the same and that comes from earning no money, not having any money to do anything with and the companies having no USPS so the only thing they can compete with other installers is price.

Ronnie feels hard wired is the way, but the detector manufacturers are throwing money into wireless not wired so it's clear they feel the future is in wireless.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

comes from earning no money, not having any money to do anything with and the companies having no USPS so the only thing they can compete with other installers is price.

Not here, I'm just bored of it because it's boring.

I don't think so! What have I got to do with him feeling disengaged?

He's not alone. I've spoken with a few this week who feel the same and that comes from earning no money, not having any money to do anything with and the companies having no USPS so the only thing they can compete with other installers is price.

Ronnie feels hard wired is the way, but the detector manufacturers are throwing money into wireless not wired so it's clear they feel the future is in wireless.

Where do I start. Perhaps someone of your talents would be better for our industry generally by assisting in the improvement of standards not the degradation of them.

Its fine to be a rebel but your joining a large motely crew heading straw supporters.

Im a fat Matt fan because I can see the potential. You make waves back dooring systems in the local pond. I would respect you more making ripples in a great sea.

The work is out there, the cash is out there. Its hard to ignore rhetoric of £199 alarms and 4 cams for £500 (not u mat). Strive to be the best you can there are worse jobs in the world as PJames :)

Edited by MrHappy

Customers!