Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy Flex 20 - Alerting And Dial Out

Hi bit of a noobie to alarms but have a good general understanding.  I've purchased and installed a Galaxy Flex 20 panel with the RF portal, PIR's are all wired, shock and door sensors run over RF.

I have two problems, one of the PIR's constantly keeps triggering the alarm randomly when set, it's located in the living room facing the rear french doors, after speaking to some people they believe the sensor is faulty.  Could it be this or the sensitivity, I have no pets.

Second issue is that I realised after buying and installing it, the system is designed to dial out to monitoring centres etc.  What I want is the system to dial my or my wife's mobile or the ability for it to send a text with some details in it.  Ideally any remote software to be able to rest the alarm or re-arm would be great, Honeywell market all these things but it seems more challenging to find any details on how this is achieved.  I would like to be able to use what I've got or add some sort of module that would allow me to achieve the above. I wish I purchased a comfort system now, has so many more options.  Worst case scenario would be to pay for a monitoring service that is reliable and doesn't cost the earth.

Any help would be appreciated on this.

Thanks

Sounds like the detector is triggering quite often.I'd never mount a PIR looking directly at glass especially as large as french doors, this could be the issue.Is there any pattern to it triggering? There are plenty of things it could be before directing it at being faulty.

As for monitoring Matt has mentioned a good product and service or you could look at something simple like a speech dialler unit.This will not offer the abilty to reset you system etc like the IP module.

Edited by SouthernBrad

It's the EU adopted opinion based on criteria of article 5.3 for session cookies.

Additionally, if anyone has any gripes or concerns relating to my sites, simply contact me.  It would never be my intention to dupe or defraud anyone. I am a registered professional and would do my utmost to resolve any issue.  I have hundreds of happy customers, so must be doing something right.

No issue with this, it just wasn't on the front page and is now.    The rules on the government distance selling website did not state that this had to be on the front page, only that it is available prior to and after any order. 

No issue with this, it just wasn't on the front page and is now.    The rules on the government distance selling website did not state that this had to be on the front page, only that it is available prior to and after any order. 

In answer to your earlier question.

‘The Companies (Trading Disclosures) Regulations (Statutory Instrument 2008/495) and The Companies (Trading Disclosures) (Amendment) Regulations 2008 (SI No. 218)'

See Companies Act 2006.

Wasn't knocking you per se, just thaty it's been something of a topic these last few months. Got quite heated at times when someone decided he was (and still seems to think) he is above the Law.