Security Installer Community

Multi Monitor On W7 Pro

Adi

Client wants a cctv monitor in his other office, he has 2 graphics cards in his computer, so said we should be able to connect 2 monitors to that.

But from what i can gather off the tinternet is that W7 pro will not allow multi monitor, you can have dual monitor.

Anyone know of a work around?

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I've only ever wanted one large desktop on my W7 pro system, so can't comment on what else you can do.

Ok,  so if you were to get a commercial dual card rather than letting windows manage 2 separate ones, pretty certain the manufacturer

would provide the utility you need.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

you drag the cctv program  into the 2nd window & it will sit their as happy as sand boy, (until windows crashes or the client shuts the pc/ program)

how far is desk from the dvr ?

in another office, it is all decorated now,  as usual

I can run a cable external, but it is a fair distance and unsightly unless i go the long route.

I cant be arsed and he wont want to pay.

I have just used a pair of tp links to get his office comp connected to the internet, pretty much just for email and browsing, so thought it would handle the cctv stream piece of piss.

I am also thinking the best way would be to keep it separate.

How about an IP encoder/decoder if it's really awkward to put your own cable in.

Thou shall google.

I was thinking he would have proper structured cabling with a spare fully populated outlet to rob for a cctv mon..

ain't I an idealist ?

I stopped thinking that way years ago, always think its going to be a sack of **** and sometimes, just sometimes, i'm pleasantly suprised.