Security Installer Community

Testing Grade 3 Anti Mask

biggaz

Hi,

Has anyone got any experience testing grade 3 anti mask detectors, and the anti mask feature? I've been playing with Honeywell ones and Siemens ones.

The Honeywell one's instructions said you should see a blinking red light. I tried putting my hand infront of them, cardboard and so on, and non of that set the right light blinking.

On the Siemens one, it said the green light would stay on, and the same tests didn't seem to get me a green light.

In both cases, non of these tests got me a mask fault back at the panel. The only way I managed to get it was by wiring the 5K of resistors onto the end of the cables.

Any ideas?

How long are you leaving the masking material in place?

Also IFRC Siemens use Active IR so detect the masking material in place, Honeywell use the Microwave to detect masking, thus detecting the action of masking NOT the actual material in place.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Sounds like some jumpers or dip switched in the detector may need looking at to perhaps enable the anti mask option.

Could be a wiring issue too,have you checked the mask/fault relay opens when the detectors masked?

Sorry I've not got experience with either models.

How long are you leaving the masking material in place?

Also IFRC Siemens use Active IR so detect the masking material in place, Honeywell use the Microwave to detect masking, thus detecting the action of masking NOT the actual material in place.

What do the TEXECOM units use?

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

How about the microwave method. How does that work?

It uses a second Doppler pulse and detects the action of masking, I.e the hand and person with the object in close proximity to the detector. Still can pass the required tests, but not the best method IMHO. Cheaper to manufacture of course has less components and firmware required.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

It uses a second Doppler pulse and detects the action of masking, I.e the hand and person with the object in close proximity to the detector. Still can pass the required tests, but not the best method IMHO. Cheaper to manufacture of course has less components and firmware required.

I see :)

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Pyronix use microwave. The range is adjustable from zero to about one meter. Once an object or mist from a spray gets that close we start a hunt mode. Nothing for 20 seconds (allow polish to dry) then for 40 seconds we look for movement on both parts of the DT. If detected, no fault. If one or other does not see movement, we show the fault. The fault can be cleared by activating the detector proving both parts are now not blocked.

This method protects both the IR an the MW from being blocked.

Archived