Security Installer Community

Bt Versatility And Connecting To Pa Tannoy

Neutech

Dont touch telecoms but this was on a site for a friend and already did all the Security and PA etc

Need to connect BT system to PA....so purchased a PA Amplifier from Eagle with TEL inputs, 3 terminals marked TEL but my BT system has 2 wires out, tried various configerations and all im getting is a intermitent beep beep as if its an engaged line over the amplifier

BT zero help as system out of maintaince and has been moved from one site to another

Have gone over the manual for BT programing and its all set up right and pages the extension which is hooked to amplifier but zero audio

Nothing in Eagle Amp menu

cheers in advance

Yep popped out yesterday for another look and tried port 27 from 28 and same, BT state the PA amp must provide 600ohm for it to work which is what this amp on site has etc

I've done a bit more digging and seems i need a Valcom VMT-1 to sort the problem so will get one ordered this morning and see what happens

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of an update on this maybe usefull to someone, Connected a PAM10 audio isolation transformer between BT unit and amp and now working 100%

Programed spare button on V8 handset to code 720 so now its direct to PA without having to scroll down menu to use PA

Archived