Security Installer Community

Wiring A Wired Bell To Visonic Complete Cp

Joeyjoey

Hi

I am planning to install a Visonic Powermax Complete at my home & I have an existing cable already run to the bellbox position & would like to install a wired bell to avoid having to fit & change batteries.

I have seen on Visonic's website that they supply an expander card which allows the connection of a wired bell, can anyone confirm if a seperate 12 volt power supply is required to add power for the bell? Would I need a seperate power supply & relay? I have a Texecom Odyssey 3E bell. Also are the connections on the expander card similar to wired panels with connections like NEG STROBE, OV, TR, - & +?

Additionally I am interested in fitting a GSM-350 to send voice messages upon alarm activations, etc., has anyone had experience in fitting these? I've installed a Powermax Plus years ago & connected the dialler to the phone line to report activations, does the GSM-350 send the same type of reports like intruder, tamper etc.?  I'm a sparks by trade. 

Thank you

Regards

Joey

An additional power supply is not required and you do need the correct expander card.

I would still use Low Current and/or SCB mode on the bell myself to reduce the current drawn by the sounder.

The expander card comes with instructions, it requires an EOL resistor in the sounder but other than that it's simple.

Yes, the GSM sends the same type of signals as PSTN, text message have zone information which is good. You have to set them up correctly with test signal enabled otherwise the SIM will expire.

This is a one-way systems so not the most secure, would have to be a low risk site IMO.

Thanks SWB for your reply & advice

I just wanted to confirm with you that I do need the expander module,  the reason I ask this is because there are already four connections on the CP relating to connecting a siren & I guess zone 29 to be programmed as tamper for the bell? What additional connections does the expander module give me for the bell connections? Also is there a dedicated terminal for the strobe?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thank you

Joey

Hi, I managed to get the external siren wired & working, thanks for the advice. it was a bit tricky. Apparently some external sirens will differ slightly with the wiring of the 2.2k resistors. Also the connection of the GSM unit was OK with some careful thought with the programming.

If anyone is planning to connect a wired bell to a Visonic wireless control panel & aren't sure of the connections then let me know & I can provide them (within forum rules).

• 5 months later...

Hi, I managed to get the external siren wired & working, thanks for the advice. it was a bit tricky. Apparently some external sirens will differ slightly with the wiring of the 2.2k resistors. Also the connection of the GSM unit was OK with some careful thought with the programming.

If anyone is planning to connect a wired bell to a Visonic wireless control panel & aren't sure of the connections then let me know & I can provide them (within forum rules).

Hi Joeyjoey, do you think is possible to connect two wired sirens to the Visonic expander on a PowerMaxComplete?

• 3 years later...
On 20/02/2014 at 17:30, Joeyjoey said:

Hi Joeyjoey I am fitting my first wireless security system using the Visonic complete I have the PIRs contacts etc all sorted just a bit confused with the wired Bell I'm using the Texecom Odyssey any help would be appreciated thanks Artie