Security Installer Community

Football - Has There Ever Been Such A Tight Season?

arfur mo

Hi guys,

I enjoy watching 1st class football as much as i used to watch my sons, i don't fanatically support any team, and a useless player. being born in Stratford, i lived in West Ham so was brought up to say i follow them - or get beaten up by other kids. My Dad followed Millwall all his life, advantage is as both sets of fans hate each other, if bored i can go into pub and have a one man fight ;).

Got to say quality of some of the football has been outstanding, sides out of sorts like Tottenham and Sunderland suddenly getting it sorted by changing managers. Even West Ham, i listened to the smirks from the mike gobs in '5, predicting a total trashing against Chelsea, and they walk off with a draw, now on a run of further surprises - wins, having been a near cert to go down, now fighting hard to climb.

Been great to see so few points between the the top and bottom teams instead of domination by very rich teams, Man City dropping points, Man U doing likewise using suicide tactics, Hull City punching well above their weight, Spurs performances since kicking manager. A resurgent eloquent Arsenal stopped dead in their tracks spectacularly against Liverpool (what a performance), nothing is predictable at the top or bottom of the premier, and is it not all for the better for our beautiful national game?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Generally only follow what's happening in championship as a Bournemouth fan here. Some if their football is spectacular at the moment.. Had we been playing like we are at the start of the season I think we'd have a serious shot at promotion again ( which I actually think would harm us).

i think a lot of well organised teams are in the same position, not enough backing to keep good home grown players, while bringing in established layers in to mentor them, end up being player 'farms' just to keep afloat.

Moyes did produce good teams on a budget at Everton but failed to win trophies, eveyone said lack of funds otherwise he would have, well he has funds now, and international world class players, has he the abilities to takes time to shape a team, but is he really the man ti fill the big shoes of of Sir Alex? Even he was a few games off being fired, the i guess he got better shot when aiming tea cups, causing everyone to do better :).

Whoever takes the top place, it bodes well for England Stars than in far too long, many making a very valid argument to be on the plane by peeking at the right time, not saying we will win the world cup, but hopefully we can get some real pride for a change with just maybe chance, instead of the usually disappointing press hype.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived