Security Installer Community

Fuse/bat. Fault On Eurosec Cpx House Alarm

abakereurosec

Hi

I hope somebody can help me.

I have a Eurosec CPX house alarm.  We had a guy come to service it in November last year, and he changed the battery in all of the wireless sensors and also changed the battery in the control box in the garage.

Recently we have started getting an internal alarm with the following four messages:

ON-CHG. Hi

BATTERY WARNING

OFF-CHG.VOLTS LO

FUSE/BAT. FAULT

This happens at exactly 5pm every other day.  I think this may have started happening after we had a couple of powercuts but am not sure.

I was hoping to go into the control box in the garage and try changing the fuse before I have to pay another call out fee for somebody to come out.  What is stopping me is that I am worried about getting 'locked out' of the system as I do not have the engineer code which was applied when it was installed several years ago.

Can anyone help me with what the fault might be and how I can fix it?

many thanks

Ali

We had a guy come to service it in November last year, and he changed the battery 

He would have had the engineer code to do this, unless he is the original installer, otherwise he has probably programmed a new one in

The codes suggest that at 5pm every day the battery is load checked, I assume it thinks it isn't absorbing a charge and the load

test shows itself is dead or missing.

Unless the battery fuse has blown (and you'd have to ask why) I'd suggest the battery itself or charging circuit are duff.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

You need a new battery/charging circuit checked.

There are options on the CPX panel that you can change for when the battery is getting low/high charge.

In the early CPX panels the option had to be changed as the panel was set to flag up 12.8v as a low battery.

!

If you have checked the obvious things, fuses etc. One of three things,

1, Either your battery is knackered and pulling your 12v supply down

2, Your AC transformer is on its way out that supplies the main board

3, DC Voltage regulators that handle the charge/power output are on the way out 

As above, You can change the voltage monitor parameters on earlier models, at default these are generally unchanged.

Thank you very much for your help and suggestions. The guy who came out was not the original installer and he used an anticode when he got locked out.

Is there a standard anticode I could use if I get locked out?

It sounds like this may be beyond my capabilities but I would like to have a go before I pay for someone to come out.

The anticode software is restricted to trade alarm companies only therefore sadly your only route is via an installer although if not a monitored system under contract there is no requirement for anticode therefore when the engineer comes out if ask it be turned off.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived