Security Installer Community

Alarm System Call Out

hi I was wondering what wierd or unusual alarm call outs you have had in your career

thanks

I was called out to a travel agent. They had a Scantronic 9200 that went into full alarm one day while they were at the office. I asked if a panic button had been pressed and they said no.

I went to the site and found the alarm sounding. I walked into the kitchen where the panel was sited and as I walked over to it a small cockroach came out the back of it.

I carefully unscrewed the door and slowly opened it. I was greeted by hundreds of cockroaches nesting inside the panel. I went to the manager, gave him my cutters and pointed out the speaker cable and the bell trigger cable. Once the noise stopped, I told him to call me after the exterminator had been.

"25 years of experience has taught us to care about the smaller jobs and given us the expertise to succeed in the larger ones"

Once had a massive dead cockroach fall on me from a hatch followed by a large fake rubber hand.

I was so taken back by the cockroach the hand didnt bother me at all.

I thought fair play just the sort of immature joke id play. Odd to think it could

have been put there 20 years ago, the hatch was painted over a few times.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 3 weeks later...

I used my metal toecapped boot :) little fiery buggar aswell!

you ought to try a mega - cat makes sounds like an F1 engine on steroids ;).

on a takeover while changing out the ewd i found what was left of a condom!!!

left me wondering how many times that guy changes hands while drilling?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Working for Chubbs Eastern region after about 7pm clients were told the number of the on call engineer. So 3am answer and can hear the bell ringing, address given this system i knew was an old battery design. Tell to try different things even open the Coffin' (end station to you lot!) pull the battery wire, but bell is still going???

Drives over there in heavy snow to discover the front door bell push had been smashed in by vandals, it was the flecking door bell!

Better yet, Brentwood had been moved to a different region just that week, but due to my half asleep state i did not remember that until i got to the front door, then i had to repair all the alarm faults on a system that had no faults initially grrrrrrr!

lol!

i installed a PTZ camera to a block of flats, been in a year or so, get a report it is 'screeching', guessing a belt issue i go to the job, i can't hear anything. Can't raise the client or any tenants.

Few days later, another call, so i insist the client attends with keys. We meet up and this time the tenant is home, marches us into the bedroom, there you are she says - neither of us can hear anything unusual, we have to wait until the traffic outside stopped passing, all hold our breath and only then you could hear a very faint whirring from this camera.

This place is in The Frognal, Hampstead, a very busy cut through for traffic and emergency vehicles, let alone noise from Finchley Road, this woman has a new born baby and is stating perfectly seriously her baby is holding its ears in sheer pain due to this excessive 'screeching' of this camera - Naff all to do with traffic noise or police sirens obviously.

Having had 3 boys or our own, and now 5 grandkids, i've yet to see such a young baby able to clasp it's hands over it's ears and keep them there, or do so due to reacting noise. Told the client i have no medical qualifications, but as far as i'm concerned the child likely has an ear infection, but to appease the tenant i disabled the tour.

Archived