Security Installer Community

Baud Rates

danlad1980

hi all.

can anyone tell me about board rates for a PTZ cameras? is there a best rate to us or will any do? what is the differance from 1 rate to another?

Isn't it normally 4800 or 9600? And I think 4800 is just to be compatible with really old kit...?

p.s my first modem was 1200/300, that's right not even duplex!!

A handsome blue metal Motorola with screw terminals for the phone line!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

was asking as I have been asked to look at a DM2060 PTZ which is using a BBV CTI/1 coax telemetry interface. there is 3 of these cameras and the other 2 work fine but this one will not respond to any commands. the cable is RG59, picture is clear, think the cable is over 250 meters but there is about 30 meters of the cable in the building so was thinking of moving the interface to the point just before the cable gose under ground.

any view or ideas from you guys would be a big help.

Depends, slower speeds are better with interference. But no need for high speed.

+1

nothing on a camera requires fast speeds to control it, more chance if locking up at the higher rates. it won't pan, tilt or zoom any faster using higher rates, or pump more water through the screen washer either.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived