Security Installer Community

New Lap Top

Ronnie

I need to replace my laptop for something newer..  Been looking at something i7, 8GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2GB graphics and 15ish inch screen around 800-900 + VAT  Have been looking at 3XS from scan (we buy most of our IT stuff from here) but wondering if anyone has come across something which they could recommend??

I need to replace my laptop for something newer..  Been looking at something i7, 8GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2GB graphics and 15ish inch screen around 800-900 + VAT  Have been looking at 3XS from scan (we buy most of our IT stuff from here) but wondering if anyone has come across something which they could recommend??

I like Dell laptops as they dont break I have had several different makes and I cant seem to break the Dells I know James would agree. They are more expensive, take longer to come, (not next day unless you buy a standard spec from PC world) and you can only use their PSU to charge it. But that said you will be pleased that you bought one the first time you pour coffee over it 

Dell Latitude here, one on win 7, field one on win xp both my own not companies, love then, and they have serial for 232

Employed by an NSI GOLD company

Any comments or views i have are my own, and do not represent that of my employer or clients.

I like Dell laptops as they dont break I have had several different makes and I cant seem to break the Dells I know James would agree. They are more expensive, take longer to come, (not next day unless you buy a standard spec from PC world) and you can only use their PSU to charge it. But that said you will be pleased that you bought one the first time you pour coffee over it 

I've had 2 Dells in the past with no issues and Dan has one of my old ones which needs replacing.  My plan is to replace the battery on my current HP and give this to him and get a new one for me..  

Kind of liking this and it's well below budget..

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15-7537/pd?oc=cn75305&model_id=inspiron-15-7537

Toshiba i3 with real serial port here

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

work Lappy is a toshiba slow as for tinterweb too much work software on it I think but it's beat the drop test a few times,got (had a vaio)for home didn't like a short drop as its in the garage in a few bits..

I've had 2 Dells in the past with no issues and Dan has one of my old ones which needs replacing.  My plan is to replace the battery on my current HP and give this to him and get a new one for me..  

Kind of liking this and it's well below budget..

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15-7537/pd?oc=cn75305&model_id=inspiron-15-7537

It looks like my machine, but mine is 17" I need a big screen at my age

It looks like my machine, but mine is 17" I need a big screen at my age

Haha , I could do with bigger screen but still travel a lot and don't want to drag a monster around..

mines a 17 with real serial, got a ghost of the hard drive just incase it goes and i loose all my s/w

Employed by an NSI GOLD company

Any comments or views i have are my own, and do not represent that of my employer or clients.

Archived