Security Installer Community

Samsung Np 10 Netbook Problem, Need To Re-Instal W7 With No Cd Rom

arfur mo

Hi guys,

Next door neighbours grand had someone instal W7 Pro onto what was an Windows XP netbook, now runs fast as glue on a very cold day.

did the usual, de-fragged the dive, run a reg cleaner, disabled un-needed programs from startup which has had some effect but refuses to run AVG antivirus software, even windows defender,

i want to clear out and reinstall W7 home from new, which means her mum buying the siftware. Is it available on USB medium? it only has USB, Memory Card or Network Access, i need to how can i boot and instal from a usb stick?

The family do not have much funds, Father is off the scene and a chronic alcoholic, which is the more sad as the 3 kids are all really great.

any help appreciated

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

If its a Fujitsu, on some of them, ONLY the original CD  / USB image iso will work.

I know this from bitter experience. Generic XP will bluescreen every time. :(

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Is there no restore partition? 

Try holding F4 immediately after power on. If its the same as NC10 it will bring up a dos box giving options to clean wipe

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Thanks Guys, no hidden recovery partition - checked with 'easyuse partition manager'.

tried to perform a hard disk defrag but it hung after 2 days so guessing an issue with the hard drive.

the screen also has an intermittent connection issue giving flashing colours,

so add up bits needed

Screen £40

Software £40

Hard Drive £40

External CDrom £30

add the time needed to mess about, on a really slow machine (time of which i don't really have), and no guaranteed results 

i've advised them to dump it as spares or repair on ebay and get a second hand P3 or above lappy from the likes of cash converter with 90 days warranty.

thanks again, i had thought it possible to remove the hd, format the drive on my lappy (have USB interface), add a hidden partition, file copy over a restore image booting from a stick, but my spare time prevents as very busy with building conservatory walls, and the kid needs it for her school studies. 

thanks for all help offered, really appreciated

Thank Morph,

i decided against taking it apart given all the other suspected problems it has, sort of job that becomes endless. What ever you do it takes ages.

tried to instal AVG Free and Windows defender, but neither will run other than report as being switched off, and as above it would not complete a defrag,

With best will, there just so much time you can allocate to 'favour' jobs, i pointed the mum at a local PC repair shop, likely he will have a bigger arsenal, but i don't think it is really worthwhile tbh.

Put xp back on.

no original disks, so would have to be bought but might not cure the problems :(

Usb cd tom. But yes you can put the iso on a usb stick assuming the laptop supports booting from usb

the sticker with COA number is worn through unfortunately, so new full software needed and the machine hard drive looks a bit 'dicky' tbh.

New and better laptops available from under £300, imho better off if they are spending their money in that direction.

Theres a common fault with the NC10 series/type of Samsung pc, the cable at the hinge fails, google it you will see. Unlikely to be the screen.

Had this issue with mine. Fixed under warranty and still going strong.

Archived