Security Installer Community

Raspberry Pi Security

sixwheeledbeast

I just stumbled upon this

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/665518/Raspberry-Pi-as-low-cost-HD-surveillance-camera

It's instructions on how to build a IP WiFi enabled HD camera from a Raspberry-Pi

Features include motion detection recording and notifications, web browser access and remote backup.

For those not in our industry and into tech and making projects, it seems a clever idea for the cost of the parts.

Do you think homebrew projects like this will become more popular for home security in the future?

Just quickly glanced thru, seems like the author was not too intelligent/clued up as he says any "dummy" housing will do. we all know the cheapest dummy cam housings will NOT do for an external camera.

Leads me to believe there could be other gaping holes in his instructions.

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

Usually, such a cam will cost you around US$1.000, but with the result from this article, you will get such a cam for only about US$120.

Except, you can already get a £39.99 TP-link camera that does all that in a nice compact waterproof housing.

Great for the kids (or adults) to learn the ropes though, even homebrew can't stand up to far east pricing and volume.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Archived