Security Installer Community

Microsoft Lync

matthew.brough

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it you like it then? The idea behind it is when engineers want the ARC to do something they phone up and chit chat so the thought of my plan is to use Lync so they can send a glorified text with their requirements and wait for a response back. Just bought it and going through the rather complex setup guide but I wondered if it was all that in real life. Seems it is :)

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

All the field engineers have it, either via their laptops or using the android phone app. It's great to be able to use the video conferencing to see what's happening "on site" it's like having a virtual second set of eyes. Also useful for sending manuals etc. Customers seem to like the face to face contact too.

Once you have it installed. If you go into Outlook there's an option for online meeting. You can email an online meeting request to anyone.

Within the email they receive is a link for them to click on to download an add-in so they can use Lnyc online. Works great.

Good news, I'm looking forward to testing it now. I'm just about to install all the certificates then I belive thats about it for installation.

Another situation where you can pay 2p a user per month for cloud or cough up a lot of cash for on premise.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived