Security Installer Community

Texecom Speech & Txt Dialler Or Com2400

uwave

Hi After installing Premier Elite 24-W I'd like to add a txt message sender.

Ideally Speech and txt which requires a CGC-0001 but really speech is nice but to be sure the message gets through I'm thinking txt is better.

This is just to call a friend who will be key holder when I'm on holiday and it could dial his mobile but if no answer and its answered by voicemail will the message be lost due to normal answer message and speak after tone ......i.e will speech just start straight after answer and could fail to be recorded by voicemail?

Hence I'm thinking txt is better and just send to mobile.

That said how does this work and if txt is all I'm after will the COM2400 do the job as its half the price of CGC-0001 ?

How does it work....how does it use a BT line to send txt to a mobile?

Many Thanks for any advice.

http://www.gsm-secure.co.uk/GSM-PagerZ6.php

6 inputs, USB programming, not as good as proper signalling but does GSM text and voice.

Actually works as a very handy standalone alarm panel in itself if you really want it to.

Fitted one to my van and a mates, good bit of kit, made in EU not China.

Still a lot of responsibility to put on one person though. Are you sure there is no-one else you can

ask?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - I agree its a cheap one and won it on ebay even cheaper but as its a diy all I want is to be able to send a txt to a mobile if it goes off so keyholder can come and check and reset.

Only one issue with this one is it can either send txt or call but neither using same trigger, there must be a delay between asking this kit to do both. So I just went for txt though I realise I can do something to solve this with a timer but I'll live with txt.

Was thinking of telephone line model though wishing for gsm one but cost was difficult to justify.

This is bare bones low cost gsm solution for me.

cheers

i don't use this panel, but i think you should be able to send one from normal transmitter output, then modify another output to follow alarm events.

alternatively use a transistorised double pole relay triggered from alarm output, one pole for each input, or drive the second signal from strobe output.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived