Security Installer Community

Risco Agility 3

paul44

I think I've made my views on Honeywell clear too.

Seems not just agility that have issues. This new prosys keypad I hear nothing but complaints it doesn't work. From an outsiders POV it seems they have some great ideas but only get 85% of the way with them.

I'd be interested to know what feedback you have heard on the touchscreen matt....

The touch screen is only really to be used by the customer for everyday arming / disarming. It doesn't have the speed to keep up with programming up systems by the engineer.

I would agree with you on this Paul. I have recently benched my first LightSYS with the touchscreen. I am familiar with the programming side of it after using the Agility, but was slightly put off by the performance of the touchscreen while programming. Not to mention I am having to return it because the screen display has gone blank.

I am of the opinion that the end user will want the touchscreen because of the gadget world we live in now, as long as they don't experience any problems putting a code in or using a tag, then they will be happy.

They will want the touchscreen if its cheap.

jiml re advantage over msx etc. It can be done remotly, I'm guessing you cant change an msx card that way.

Agreed, but it is engineer function so this implies the engineer should be on site to do it? Or do they fully trust it as an autoupdate?

to be fair jim ive done it a few times, plus routers, phones, servers etc. Its fairly common in other things

Same here and it has never gone wrong for us once. (Except when a little under the influence once night I shut the wrong server down, but as they are now all virtual that wouldn't be an issue today. Was a big issue then).

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

The only thing I ever managed to truly brick doing an update was a Parrot bluetooth kit over RS232

(Funniest ever BT update method has to go to Blaupunkt - some models you had to create an MP3 CD with

a specific file name, which then played a Spectrum style audio encoded update! Nope it couldn't directly load data...)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

but was slightly put off by the performance of the touchscreen while programming. Not to mention I am having to return it because the screen display has gone blank.

I am of the opinion that the end user will want the touchscreen because of the gadget world we live in now, as long as they don't experience any problems putting a code in or using a tag, then they will be happy.

The touch rkp is complete junk, I never got the std lcd to work beyond showing the hr glass.

Whoever is reasonable for the development of their controls is desperately in need of bench marking their kit against a galaxy, euro, prem ect... as any thing "sys" in a turd IMHO

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God