Security Installer Community

Led Lighting

breff

has to be said the later LED replacements are far brighter. in our lounge we have a 5 arm ceiling light, very ornate. we had 5 x 60 watt bulbs originally, then swapped out to halogen low energy candles which stopped banging the fuse every time a bulb went. last year one exploded as wife switched on, throwing glass shards everywhere. These were bought from TLC.

I just can't have that, so have now been replaced with 5 x 5 watt LED candle bulbs @ £18 each, bit expensive but should last 25 years or more, at least won't bang fusses or explode.

would not claim they as bright as the halogens, but i also noticed due to less heat you don't get those dark marks on the ceiling above either, so another small bonus :).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

We paid £4 at IKEA, interestingly they seem to have quietly stopped selling those 5W ones now just 3W...

That's progress for you! I like TLC, not always the absolute cheapest but a non-nonsense website, 'free'

delivery and friendly staff in Bristol at least!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Archived