Security Installer Community

Ademco Accord 8 Alarm Won't Set Any More

andyfc

Hi, I am a bit of a noob when it comes to alarms so apologies in advance.

I have what I think is an Ademco Accor 8 Alarm (see picture)

post-56710-0-63694800-1374150556_thumb.j

which was fitted to my house which I bought from new back in 2004. I have never had any issue apart from a year ago or so the transformer blew which I replaced and it continued to work as before.

Recently though, I had to switch the power off which set off the alarm but when I switched the power back on the internal alarm continued to sound. I switched the power off and on a couple more time which eventually silenced the internal alarm.

However, now I can't set the alarm, we only used to use "Full Set" (Easy Set 1) and "Night Set" (Easy Set 3) but neither work.

When it was working you would hear 2 beeps but now you hear 3 beeps but doesn't set.

I have what I think is the Master code (i.e. the code I use to disarm the alarm) but don't have the engineer code.

Does the alarm need to be re-programmed? If so how do I go about doing that?

Many thanks in adnvance.

Andy

Thanks for responding Morph.

I am not aware changing the transformer caused any damage as it worked for months after I changed it as it did before the transformer blew.

No I have never changed the battery.

I assumed, maybe wrongly, that the battery was still working as when I shutdown power to the house the keypad stayed lit and the alarm sounded.

cheers

Andy

Just realized the picture I attached is an old one which shows the keypad with the lights out.

The "Day" and "Power" lights are now on solid green.

Andy

Sounds like it has defaulted.

You need-

A new battery

A manual

An engineers manual to be exact

We cannot supply them here to non trade unfortunately. Try a search engine, it might be there :P

If it will not play after that, bin it and get a newer panel, it is a tad old now.

Think I may have found it, although it doesn't refer to it as the Ademco Accord 8, it appears to be the same!

This is where I found it:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/rv007/2011-12-20_182407_accord1200.pdf

I will try to have a go tonight when I am home.

Using the manual I have already confirmed with my wife over the phone that the default engineer code puts it in to Programming Mode.

Thanks again.

Andy

Archived