Security Installer Community

Back Yard

bee_man

Twin Point to Point beams, next size up for the length required.

Example,  need 50mtr  use  beam that covers 100mtr, get the idea?

and what ever you use, spend a good length of time lining them up, screwing them on the wall and powering them up to find that they work, phew!  is NOT the way.

Then, you could connect them to your DIY alarm.

I've got a pair in a similar situation, NEVER, a false alarm, they do only work early warning buzzers, never false alarmed. They must be 20yrs+ old, used in two properties, still going strong.  Make sure all is waterproofed.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Magpye : thanks for that. Each half will be screwed into masonry so they have a good solid mount and I'm comfortable with aligning optics and tweaking calibration.

Norman : you and others seem to be suggesting they are a source of false alarms. I'm not doubting you, but I would like to know why and what causes those false alarms so I can assess if the same causes are likely to be a problem here. Birds or leaves shouldn't set off a three beam and they should be mounted too high for pets to trigger them. Last thing I or anybody else wants is the alarm going off unecessarily at 3am. I'm intending to run this system in tandem with my old alarm for at least a month, but connected to a small indoor piezo sounder rather than the bell. Triggering a light is a good idea, I was going to do something several months ago so I got an outdoor flood light and PIR, but just kept worrying about the PIR...

bee

and what ever you use, spend a good length of time lining them up, screwing them on the wall and powering them up to find that they work, phew!  is NOT the way.

Proves they work when you power up and the relay is open :D

The old (Not used them for a bit) Takex  had tone and sights to line up.

Used them on hundreds of scaffolds in London.

Others were using standard PIRs.................FFS

Also main reason we used a 580 panel.

Cheap as chips and all plaggy case. ( Indoors, think there is a old pic here or on V showing a panel taped to a scaffold standard............pmsl )

OOPS I digressed.

You seem on top of it now Mr Bee.

Norman : you and others seem to be suggesting they are a source of false alarms. I'm not doubting you, but I would like to know why and what causes those false alarms 

Not at all, beams when aligned are great but having any detection outside is not a good idea imo.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Not at all, beams when aligned are great but having any detection outside is not a good idea imo.

Classing ALL in that ?

Many rely on perimeter as in external detection.

I am sure Aunty do a fair bit on high end?

Active beams are very stable, only thing id say that is more stable is a door contact. I wouldn't use them to activate an full external alarm. Nut i have used them like this and fitted local sounder, low output, to show the perp if it is one that something has detected them. Volume isn't really required in this type of system imo

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived