Security Installer Community

'dead' Good Client

Mattodare

Simple domestic panel upgrade...on arriving, greeted by an elderly lady....given my normal charming nature, asked after her health...wish I hadn't. Followed with stories of hospital visit, falls and general ill health.

Quickly changing the subject, got on with the job in hand, found end station in the attic, no lighting to hand, so all done with a torch......real pain of a panel change and took ages, after many fits of cramp...time to change the keypad. On climbing down from the attic, and with a sneaky cup of coffee on my mind, find the client sat bolt up right, and starring into space...but not moving :/

Ok don't panic I said to myself....called out to the client....um Mrs Jones?......Mrs Jones ! ....MRS JONES !! Ok, fine to panic now.... turn around grab mobile, 999 about to press send......when.....a hand touches my shoulder ! HOLY F@£# MOTHER OF GOD nearly pissed myself, spin around to find Mrs Jones stood there......trying to find breath to talk.....she asked, Are you ok dear, you look flustered??

All I could utter was something along the lines of.....but you were dead ! She went on to explain, that she has a rare disorder which means she sleeps with her eyes open!!

Quickly finished up the job and went home via the pub!!! - not sure what the lesson is.....maybe but some site lights in the van lol

Archived