Security Installer Community

How Easy To Change A Wired Alarm System?

Tell them to change it to a Gardtec 600. This panel will support what you require.

Nothing wrong with Risco panels. Hardly any problems with them. I think engineers find the programming a bit confusing if they have not worked on one before.

Nah, just *****.

Fail to give tampers and die for no reason.

Were dire yrs ago, some things never change!

I think engineers find the programming a bit confusing if they have not worked on one before.

..... especially if they work for the company I work for and the manual does not come in the box.

Why on earth should we be expected to find the manual ourselves and print it out?

Short rant, but valid.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

..... especially if they work for the company I work for and the manual does not come in the box.

Why on earth should we be expected to find the manual ourselves and print it out?

Short rant, but valid.

you get a quick setup sheet in the box, a full manual available free from Risco web site in PDF format. or buy a book for about £8 ish!

Say you fit 10 systems, do you need 10 full engineer manuals?

imho far better on a tablet/phone, i have this for most of the gear i use. where i go so my phone goes so always available. makes for less paper wast and rubbish build up in the van, can read it in poor light. If needed i can expand drawings.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Short rant, but valid.

That's the same with most kit these days so a bit of a false argument.

Galaxy don't give you a manual

Dualcom arnt anymore just a quick guide.

Aritech give you a bottle of whiskey to drown your sorrows with their ATS lol

I know one manufacturer who still supplies manuals with all their kit - yet i get calls on an almost daily basis asking "how do i ......"

No fecker reads them when provided.

back in the day Aritec ad the rep for best ultrasonic detectors, Advisor 3 and so on, but their alarm panels omg how difficult can you possibly make something?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived