Security Installer Community

Switching Pir To Viper Glx Shock - Wiring Advice - Galaxy G2-20

Vini

There normally always a domestic customer that ask for a first call or early AM.

Not if the 08:30 slot has been removed (auto when on call) you would never be expected/forced to attend within your sleep entitlement and rightly so.

I agree it is wrong, but is the grass greener?

We all know the grass is never greener

So is Aunty Towers so blissful and compliant with all these nice accommodations ?

I would genuinely say from my experience, yes, certainly nowadays.

Climbed out of a bedroom window the other day and stood on a small pitched roof to replace a Bell. ( longest laddders wouldn't reach over the small extension). Wouldn't get a cheery picker in either.

I decided the risk was okay to do it.

I think I would speak for all national and responsible co's when I say that's a big no-no, would you get paid if you fell or ssp, worth falling for a £200pa maint contract? ask your family see what they say.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know and very difficult to judge without the full picture so to speak, but not a good means of access through a window. Again common sense needs to play a bigger part imo but balanced with risk and likely hood obv.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I know and very difficult to judge without the full picture so to speak, but not a good means of access through a window. Again common sense needs to play a bigger part imo but balanced with risk and likely hood obv.

Well I could have climbed up the ladders and stepped off them onto the roof, but the window was an easier option.

So has nobody here taken any risks in their entire career? I'm not saying id Hanging off some tray and fit a camera but calculated low risk IMO tasks are okay.

I think I would speak for all national and responsible co's when I say that's a big no-no, would you get paid if you fell or ssp, worth falling for a £200pa maint contract? ask your family see what they say.

Where do we say NO?

Fine and dandy here, most being managers or owners.

How about us out there working for a living in the real world?

Where do we say NO?

Fine and dandy here, most being managers or owners.

How about us out there working for a living in the real world?

I'm going to go to work tomorrow, bell my boss to FO and I want a cherry picker on every job because the ladders aren't safe.

Can't use a pair if snips incase I cut myself. Or enter people houses incase I get a splinter from the cupboard door the panels in .

You`re correct.

Tired myself, wide awake at 4 am, work and work, plus more work.

Just took the colours as granted.

No worries. To be fair, Alpha Alarms up here used to use the green as pos and the white as neg for some odd reason. Still catches me out on occasion when swapping out a detector!

Trade Member

Well I could have climbed up the ladders and stepped off them onto the roof, but the window was an easier option.

So has nobody here taken any risks in their entire career? I'm not saying id Hanging off some tray and fit a camera but calculated low risk IMO tasks are okay.

It's a risky job sometimes and I'm sure we've all done something we probably shouldn't have to get a job done, because it was easier or quicker or cheaper, but I heard something the other day that made me think. Someone in the trade using their own domestic, aluminium steps on a site. He fell off them, broke two ribs and fractured his skull. He was off on statutory sick pay until the HSE investigated and found out about his unauthorised step ladders, upon which he was promptly dismissed for unsafe working practice leading to a serious injury at work!

Trade Member

No worries. To be fair, Alpha Alarms up here used to use the green as pos and the white as neg for some odd reason. Still catches me out on occasion when swapping out a detector!

i use red/black for power, but i've seen green white done quit allot, think its a colour consistency preference. i.e. days if 4 core (obviously no G/W) for contacts, 6 core for detectors, so you could maintain the more common 4 core red/black for zone feed out, yellow blue for the zone return on DP systems.

today eol means you can feed 3 detectors from an 8 core, commonly brown/orange would be to the furthest device or pab, but maintain green white as power.

before anyone shouts and hollers, and gets all snotty, its what i have seen - not what i do.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hour for hour recovery time after midnight, out for 3 hours (from leaving house to walking back in) start 3 hours later the following day.

i enforce that rule (as shop steward) on Chubb Eastern, after 2 guys within a month fell asleep at the wheel, during a very heavy lightning spell, which back then you knew you would be out all night.

i think only 3 systems nocked out by electrical storms since i started, nothing fried to dust, but knocked silly.

suspect if this reduction is down to mainly using polly boxes instead of metal - anyone think the same?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Yes I have had this a couple of times, I really fail to see how Green is a positive colour.

For the record Red, White, Yellow and Orange are positive colours.

As for using green and white for voltage in the first place, IMO it's wrong.

Finally got round to sorting this tonight, during testing all was well. But since it has triggered, the LED has not stopped flashing.

Arming/Disarming has not helped.

Anyway to sort/reset this?

You need to drop the power to it for a few seconds before setting, we used to fit a n/c button on the bottom of the panel or adj the rkp.

Is that drop power to the GLX, or panel?

Bit of a pain really - can I disable the LED totally, given its location it would be fairly obvious if that was the PoE? :(

Change the output of the panel to detector reset. Then connect the 0v of your viper to it. This will power cycle the unit every time you set the alarm, thus clearing the led.

In the book of words :)

Change the output of the panel to detector reset. Then connect the 0v of your viper to it. This will power cycle the unit every time you set the alarm, thus clearing the led.In the book of words :)

Indeed. Rtfm

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I've read the book of words and it's got me confused...

My outputs;

1001 Set

1002 SPK Driver

1003 Bell

1004 Strobe

0001 Fire

0002 Panic

0003 Intruder

0004 Assist

0005 Omit

0006 Fault

0007 Confirm

0008 Tamper

Is it simply a case of changing 0003 Intruder to DetRst? Would that change all my Zones set to Intruder to DetRst, and if so, is that a problem?

I'm guessing I cannot set a specific zone to a specific output via RKP.

Looking at the wiring within the panel, I am able to identify the Viper, however, cannot see how changing the wiring in there would help.

Help?  :turtle:

Edited by Vini

The 000x outputs are off the comm trigger lead so you cant use them, it will have to be one of the 100x outputs your currently not using

So I can change 0001 from Fire to DetRst, but I'm not sure how link that specifically to what is Zone 1004 in this case...

I am not entirely sure which Zone 1004 is in the panel...

zonesi.png

Do I even need to be in the panel!?!?