Security Installer Community

Texecom Awarded System 5 Certalarm Accreditation By Intertek

Texecom awarded System 5 Certalarm accreditation by Intertek
May 2013

Texecom, the award-winning UK manufacturer of electronic security products, has achieved System 5 Certalarm accreditation from Intertek.

ISO67 System 5 accreditation is only awarded to manufacturers that have rigorous and extensive quality control and production procedures. This ensures that all products manufactured are identical in design, performance and construction as products submitted to 3rd-party accredited test houses.

tex0113certalarm400.jpg

Jim Ludwig (Managing Director, Texecom Ltd.) and Daniel Griffin (Business Development Director, Intertek)

Texecom has achieved System 5 Certalarm accreditation in record time, reflecting Texecom’s world-class manufacturing capabilities and Intertek’s capacity to rapidly deliver System 5 audits.

Jim Ludwig, Managing Director, Texecom Ltd, commented: “We are proud to achieve System 5 Certalarm accreditation through Intertek. We have always been obsessive about the quality and reliability of our products and achieving System 5 officially recognises our world-class manufacturing capabilities. Intertek have excelled by delivering a detail-orientated audit project so quickly”.

Daniel Griffin, Business Development Director, Intertek, added: “We are delighted that Texecom chose Intertek to achieve System 5 Certalarm accreditation. Our ability to rapidly assess, advise and review Texecom’s quality and manufacturing processes has been critical in enabling Texecom to achieve System 5 in record time”.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

no idea what it is or means but well done anyway!

It means that we are audited throughout our whole process to make sure that what we put in the market is the same as what we sent to the test house, our quality control procedures and methodology is perfectly aligned with the inspection requirements, so that you guys know that when we say it has been independently tested and certificated to the required standards it really has and that is what we sell.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Adrian, Stuart made a valid point at tc. Nobody charges a premium for 3rd party tested kit. Maybe those without should discount the parts to reflect the investment required. You missed it but made me smile

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Adrian, Stuart made a valid point at tc. Nobody charges a premium for 3rd party tested kit. Maybe those without should discount the parts to reflect the investment required. You missed it but made me smile

Yes i don't see that happening any time soon.

The point is we do the testing anyway, we have to to sell into some EU countries. The whole point of Certalarm is that it is a one stop testing and certification process designed to eliminate multiple testing requirements across the EU. The issues we have as a manufacturer are that it costs a lot of time and money to test products more than once, the EU is supposed to promote free trade, unfortunately some countries still insist on national requirements over and above the requirements in EN, and to be fair the UK is just as bad with BS8243 and PD6662.

I for one will back this to the hilt, and it would appear the EU policy makers agree, they have identified the Alarms Sectors current requirements as a barrier to trade, and recognised Certalarm as the only valid EU quality mark for fire and security products.  The fire industry is just as bad, EN54 does not even have a system document but allows the UK BS5839, Germany VDS and France the NF mark. All of this needs to go away, level the playing field and allow us toi get to market quicker, and allow you and the end users to make better choices.

You mean like . . . nevermind.

Go on you know you want to

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Go on you know you want to

:) I'll let others 'lead the way'. Seriously though Adrian this to me shows a commitment to the quality of your products and your team and that you are not afraid to let 3rd parties test the claims you make. Unlike some . . .

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

visconic self certified?

risco?

Honeywell?

Cooper?

etc................?

I should know I guess...................but the whole grade 2 alarm with onboard keypad is only done by self certified manufacturers????   Self certification is bad imo and surely it will be just a matter of time until 3rd party certification is standard.

Was good to see you at Ifsec Adrian. :)

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

Archived