Security Installer Community

Ifsec 2013

Having been to Ifsec since a kid ( 12 or so I think), back when It first moved to NEC it was massive and there was a lot more entertainment, interactive robots roulette wheels with prizes, etc....

It was both a trade show and an entertainment event if I remember correctly. In recent years it has lost all the entertainment (apart from the pretty ladies) and become a pure trade show.

I cannot see how the exhibitors in general get a return on their investment, with exceptions of course.

But overall for me Ifsec is great, one day of the year to concentrate purely on product selection, and supplier relationships. Not many bosses can say they ever spend a whole day working on that throughout the rest of the year.

the organisers must have thought it through and i am sure Ifsec will have a boost from been relocated in one way or another. It will cost us a lot more of course....

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

Take it back to Olympia !!

Take it where they like.

There really wasn't/isn't that much happening in the industry to justify it.

It's on the downhill slope, much like an old theatre show.

Only ones bigging it up are the organisers, for obvious reasons.

I went over on Wednesday and was mainly interested in IP cctv side of it.

I have to say I was not impressed with the show, a lot of the people I was talking to were non technical and could not answer my questions while others reeked of alcohol and couldn't care less

Spotted the webway stand and called in, sound bunch of lads, very professional and knew their stuff

I sat in on a couple of presentations by paxton and onvif, very high level and as a result I nodded off during the paxton one

The assistant head at my old school was a Mike Hunt.  To be fair it got boring after a few years...

It always did baffle me though why he didn't call himself Michael instead?  Ah well

as in 'Mike (cool), c&&t might' there be a logical dissuasion ;)

roflmao

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Take it back to Olympia !!

one's i remember were held at Earls Court?

no mater, my memories of early shows were of big companies on ground floor, small and usually the more interesting one's were up in the Galleries.

kid i had working for me just loved scampi & lemon 'whatsits', those days you changed at Olympia, these crisps trust me really stank. so while waiting for our connection at Olympia, he open's a packet - i kid you not, cleared an area of 40 feet all round him, this on a crowded platform.

they were banned from the van - and clients premisses lol!

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived