Security Installer Community

Windows 8 Boot Time

james.wilson

Not yet a fan, might be if i had a touch screen computer.

I think MS are releasing a massive update soon, due to user complaints about the tiles. if so, where will that leave several W8 smarphones?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

W8 came with a new small i3 laptop PC World knocked out for £270.00 all in took me ages to work out how to turn it off lol!

I'd managed ti get W7 64 Ultimate to run all my latency apps, seems i'm back to near square one now as i've had no luck getting compatibility mode to work :(

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I love metro on my phone and i reakon on a tablet it would be great. Not so sure currently on a none touch laptop. However every update takes a while to get used to. Then when using older versions you miss things

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I use win8 without a touch screen and without a start button mod, and actually prefer it to win7. Boot speed is amazing, and all the old start button stuff is just a mouse swipe on the rhs away, plus you can set your own tiles for even faster access to apps

It also sandboxes every single app, which was the reason i chose it over win7

CompatAbility wise no issues, except with a 32 bit but of software i have that has a 16bit loader. Had to run win xp in a virtualbox to get that going, and as win8, unlike win7, doesnt have an xp license included, i will soon need to get a key for xp

Overall far superior to 7

Archived