Security Installer Community

Energy Suppliers - Is A Bit Of Budget Daylight Robbery Going On?

hi guys,

like many i pay for our energy by monthly DD, about 14 months ago, EDF upped my payments from £65 to £90.00. Phone CS to be told " EDF like to make sure as responsible suppliers (from that alone you know its going to be BS) we don't let you get to far behind".

I explain i noticed i'm nearly £400.00 in credit at the time, to get "our computers work out the budget payment based on usage updated each month, you have only been with us just over 18 months"..

long story short (for a change ;) ), reduced the payments back to £70.00 stating i'll make up any short falls as needed.

so last month they jack £15.00 it up again, don't ask as instructed, to £85 pcm,

ok, we have had (since the hose pipe ban announcement) the wettest summer on record, and the most severe winter for many years. they read the meters 2 weeks prior to producing the bill, readings matched to my records.

Now just guess how much i was in debit i am after EDF took the £85.00??

£8.45, so in effect £18.00 had EDF taken the original £70.00.

you can guess a very hot letter has been sent,

It's not like i'm destitute, and would not raise an eye a buying a single meal for that, i suggest look at your own energy budgeting schemes, but especially at any elderly, timid or less savvy family and friends.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Switch all your electronic devices off, don't use the internet and you will save a fortune Arfur

likely i would, but then what would everybody else do for entertainment ;)

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

likely i would, but then what would everybody else do for entertainment ;)

If you think it is entertainment you are in need of hospital treatment. Oh sorry you are anyway.

All you have done so far is stuff up every thread you invade.

Archived