Security Installer Community

Vulnerabilities In Ip Alarm Signalling Protocols

Not my work this time, but a guy from the Netherlands. He started reverse engineering the IP signalling protocol on an alarm so that he could act on events. Turns out the SIA-HS protocol is totally rotten

Here are the slides from his most recent talk, where he goes over some of the flaws in SIA-HS.

http://conference.hitb.org/hitbsecconf2013ams/materials/D1T2%20-%20Wilco%20Baan%20Hofman%20-%20Bringing%20Dutch%20Alarm%20Systems%20to%20Their%20Knees.pdf

I can't find a video of the presentation, but he did one last year on the same topic:

He also found problems in the Vebon SecIP protocol, although they are more subtle. Superficially it sounded good, but the details of the implementation led to it being quite insecure.

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wont even ask what the dummy is for...tho real girlfriends are probably out of the question for those lads....

I use wireshark all the time and I have a (human) wife?

i'd rather have a beer and get laid...

Hmm, I know I should too, but this stuffs more interesting.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Usual banter ;)

I am glad that few if any UK ATS took on SIA HS - not sure how many panels support the protocol from the major brands but would be useful to know.

I need too fess up that I haven't yet watched the video (watching game of thrones with the missus atm) but will watch it later and give an ARC perspective.

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Archived