Security Installer Community

OK im on one and this isnt a new thing.

Pyronix claim to be a UK manufacturer of alarm euqipment and this simply cant be true.

Maybe their having some accounting difficulty but either way i cant get product as they dont have any panels to sell.

Over the last few months i have had delivery issues with readers and other auxilary items. But last week we had a MAJOR issue with control panels which saw us buying random stock from branches of wholesalers because the company poporting to be the "manufacturer" have zero stock.

If Adrian is reading this i will confirm and back up everything stated as a sales tool why people should support a UK manufacturer. 

Pyronix as of last friday had NO STOCK of Euro, 46L OR Enforcer (not relevant to me), now this causes me an identified issue. But it could and is indeed LIKELY to cause YOU issues.

lets see the power of the Internet and see just how many people can ask for susbstantiation that Pyronix are nothing more than middle people that is likely to leave more than ourselves with egg on our face because we cant deliver product to end users. My Order was for 20 panels and not only could they NOT FUFIL they are unable to tell me when they can. Our rep has manged to recover 6 yes SIX from distributers. ADI are trying to locate stock across their network.

This surely makes them a small player.

Customers!

Used to use a few Pyronix bits as peripherals, Twin Alert and glassbreak mainly, the sticker changed from 'Made in UK' to 'Made in China' a couple of years ago, although I had loads in stock so who knows when it happened at the factory.

Obviously have no idea how much of the higher margin stuff is still UK made? The website claims '...and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes in our 2 manufacturing sites in England.'

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Most manufacturers who claim that they make everything in the UK are in my opinion being economical with the truth. Most are made abroad, China, Vietnam, India etc....what they then may do is put firmware in at the UK plant, and then package and ship.

To my knowledge we are the only true UK manufacturer left who can back our claims, we design it here, we make it here, we employ just over 300 people in the UK across two facilities, we even do all of our own plastic. The only thing we don't make anymore is metal boxes, it just is not financially viable.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

You can tell, the elite boxes are thin.

Other then that and the fact a large customer of ours had their on site sparks fit a temp alarm to an out building (13k alarm upgrade was booked in a couple of weeks ahead) and yes it was a premier! First thing the sparks said was 'thats the same stuff we fitted in the workshop!' oh ******** lol.

But a great product and great company.

OK im on one and this isnt a new thing.

Pyronix claim to be a UK manufacturer of alarm euqipment and this simply cant be true.

Maybe their having some accounting difficulty but either way i cant get product as they dont have any panels to sell.

Over the last few months i have had delivery issues with readers and other auxilary items. But last week we had a MAJOR issue with control panels which saw us buying random stock from branches of wholesalers because the company poporting to be the "manufacturer" have zero stock.

If Adrian is reading this i will confirm and back up everything stated as a sales tool why people should support a UK manufacturer. 

Pyronix as of last friday had NO STOCK of Euro, 46L OR Enforcer (not relevant to me), now this causes me an identified issue. But it could and is indeed LIKELY to cause YOU issues.

lets see the power of the Internet and see just how many people can ask for susbstantiation that Pyronix are nothing more than middle people that is likely to leave more than ourselves with egg on our face because we cant deliver product to end users. My Order was for 20 panels and not only could they NOT FUFIL they are unable to tell me when they can. Our rep has manged to recover 6 yes SIX from distributers. ADI are trying to locate stock across their network.

This surely makes them a small player.

your moaning because they don`t hold enough stock to satisfy your needs because they have sold out to distributors who order panels by the 100? erm ok.

for the record we just ordered 25 panels but don`t consider ourselves special enough to "go direct"

Used to use a few Pyronix bits as peripherals, Twin Alert and glassbreak mainly, the sticker changed from 'Made in UK' to 'Made in China' a couple of years ago, although I had loads in stock so who knows when it happened at the factory.

Obviously have no idea how much of the higher margin stuff is still UK made? The website claims '...and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes in our 2 manufacturing sites in England.'

I`lltake you for a factory tour if you want - will be there 21st March

Archived