Security Installer Community

Ifsec Moves To London

I think the big problem is that most of us drive to IFSEC. Getting to Excel is a trip around the M25, and I mean right around if you have to come from almost anywhere bar Kent. Then you have to try and get home!

Getting across London from, say Hammersmith to the Excel is painful via Tube and DLR, and it takes over an hour.

London is probably more expensive to stay over and I think from an overseas visitor perspective is going to bust the bank, if not the first year, the next year.

For me, as an exhibitor, its going to cost us much more to be there from an accommodation and logistical overhead perspective.

Personally, I think its a poor choice. I hated trying to get there 10 years ago when we exhibited before and I hated it even more just recently when I visited the area for a day out. I was Nucking Fackered when I got there. Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man. I hope I'm wrong...

I agree for driving, Birmingham much more suited. All London accommodation seems way over normal rates, and if there are a few of you for 4/5 nights I can see how that won't be a welcome addition. A hour on the tube wouldn't bother me, I love the tube and the dlr.

I associate IFSEC and Birmingham together, not sure if it will feel like IFSEC in the big city. Agreed it will be the year aft it moves there when we see how many people visit that will indicate if it was such a good idea. Wonder what will be at the NEC in its place.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I agree for driving, Birmingham much more suited. All London accommodation seems way over normal rates, and if there are a few of you for 4/5 nights I can see how that won't be a welcome addition. A hour on the tube wouldn't bother me, I love the tube and the dlr.

I associate IFSEC and Birmingham together, not sure if it will feel like IFSEC in the big city. Agreed it will be the year aft it moves there when we see how many people visit that will indicate if it was such a good idea. Wonder what will be at the NEC in its place.

Clarion Events will be putting an event on for installers at the NEC in May 2014

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

i detest london with a passion which is a pain as we there at least once a week.   if i go it's because i want to see some very specific things so where it is has no impact on the decision to go or not.

What is becoming clear.

And I know for a fact is............................

You northern sprats come here and under cut us then moan when you have to do the service/additions and or wotever.

Then moan about the prices to work here.

Happy to pay **** all if you can manage it and spend £200 to save £40

Toss  ers 

What is becoming clear.

You northern sprats come here and under cut us then moan when you have to do the service/additions and or wotever.

Toss  ers

i'm from dorset and i still hate london.

Edited by MrHappy
reply to shite

Same difference.

You all want the money.

Not the ability to do the job.

Same as another thread here. Even has blokes in London, but cannot go a hour ( Which is wrong anyway) but dont mind the 4 hours on the motorway.

Toss  ers

I did say that b4 I believe

What is becoming clear.

Toss ers

Dress it up how you like, London is a sh1t hole.

And an overpriced one at that.

But all you lot dive here all the time for the big money jobs.

Work that out.

Cubit, you know I respect you, so lets not get into a pissing contest,.

Rest of you who come here, earn, then moan about coming back...............................toss  ers

I know a few who have delved here and now rather pay **** all to a knob to travel all day to do a hours work.

Then ask for assistance, and then moan about costs.

Its Landarn baby................

Same difference.

You all want the money.

Not the ability to do the job.

Same as another thread here. Even has blokes in London, but cannot go a hour ( Which is wrong anyway) but dont mind the 4 hours on the motorway.

Toss  ers

I did say that b4 I believe

sometimes you are so full of **** it's unbeliveable. if you care to read the other thread fully, the guy you're talking about is actually heading out on the M4.

I did.

And said the same.

Your all happy to take the extra money, not the work and travel.

did I say Toss ers?

And in case some are wondering

Stone cold sober and sick of people saying London is a dive, which it is if you know it from 40 years ago.

But still is better than most provincial cities.

What I canot work out is how a few here slag it off, yet love the enhance income.

Some accept the higher charges when working.

Some smug toss ers are really getting on my tits about how they hate it and yet can afford 2nd homes from it.

Fair play,

But stop f u c k i n g moaning.

I did.

And said the same.

Your all happy to take the extra money, not the work and travel.

did I say Toss ers?

And in case some are wondering

Stone cold sober and sick of people saying London is a dive, which it is if you know it from 40 years ago.

But still is better than most provincial cities.

What I canot work out is how a few here slag it off, yet love the enhance income.

Some accept the higher charges when working.

Some smug toss ers are really getting on my tits about how they hate it and yet can afford 2nd homes from it.

Fair play,

But stop f u c k i n g moaning.

well you can't be talking about me as i don't have second home anywhere.

i never moan about working in london, i'd rather not but a couple of our biggest clients have things there we look after so it's not my choice.  

work is work regardless of where it is but london is still a dump and generally full of *******.

sometimes you are so full of **** it's unbeliveable. if you care to read the other thread fully, the guy you're talking about is actually heading out on the M4.

And as for being full of excrement, pot, kettle.

But this is public, never looked at the rest.

Not good for ~JP to see trade thinking others charge more just because they dont like the area is it.

we have to travel for 5 hours to get there and spend £20 on parking to do a reset.

Thats a strange one "innit" as there is a 4 hour response..........to site.

Makes you think, ehh!

Sorry sir/madam,

work is work regardless of where it is but london is still a dump and generally full of *******.

And you come from " where the roses always shine" and commutable rape by immigrants within their  family is allowed?

Funny how these stories in the news seen to come from other "cities" rather than London.

And as for being full of excrement, pot, kettle.

But this is public, never looked at the rest.

Not good for ~JP to see trade thinking others charge more just because they dont like the area is it.

we have to travel for 5 hours to get there and spend £20 on parking to do a reset.

Thats a strange one "innit" as there is a 4 hour response..........to site.

Makes you think, ehh!

Sorry sir/madam,

see, yet again assumptions.  you're assuming we have alarms in london aren't you.  we do other things than just alarms and they don't require 4 hours onsite.

And you come from " where the roses always shine" and commutable rape by immigrants within their  family is allowed?

i don't remember saying that actually, can you direct me to my post where that was said please?

WTF just went and had me tea and the worlds blown up, all i said was iFSEC is moving

yeah, look what you've done!

see, yet again assumptions.  you're assuming we have alarms in london aren't you.  we do other things than just alarms and they don't require 4 hours onsite.

However I am correct in the thinking you have jobs here and begrudge the maintenance and service but love the extra money.

Twist it all you like, you take and think the "Londoners" and London are cnuts.

What is becoming clear.

Toss  ers 

You mental ****.

After spending the last few days working in Glasgow I was expecting a total nightmare.

TBH what a surprise, went out in the city for a meal and a few beers and it was far from what I thought it would be.

I would 100% rather work in Glasgow than London.