Security Installer Community

Ifsec Moves To London

No need for a beer to say what I feel.

But you lot can think what you like. It is after all a free country............almost.

Probaly drink less than the lot of you anyway.

Saves me taking home beautiful women and waking up next to hounds :D

Oh, I never made it to the "Swing " in the sky. ( Did mention going to the O2 arena and the sky train)  Met a sparky m8 and that took up the morning catching up on some stuff we had done in the past,

Then ex wife called, skint as per so bunged her a couple of hundred until the end of the month.

Now cooking dinner and am really pi$$ed off as the rib steaks are roasting fine and just realised I only have olive oil and had forgotten normal oil so stir frying the fine noodles and bean sprouts should be fun.

Now that really pi$$es me off.

Edited by jameswilson

Agree with Adrian, IFSEC has always been a great show for us and I really enjoy it. Been going 12 years now! Birmingham has been really nice and central for everyone to get to.

Im not so sure that the Excel is a good move, I found it a real sod to get to being the wrong side of town. We'll see.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

Agree with Adrian, IFSEC has always been a great show for us and I really enjoy it. Been going 12 years now! Birmingham has been really nice and central for everyone to get to.

Im not so sure that the Excel is a good move, I found it a real sod to get to being the wrong side of town. We'll see.

That surprises me. To my knowledge Redcare, Chiron and Emizon don't bother with it anymore. Just you and DualCom?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Difficult to quantify fully but we have sealed some very large retail projects off the back of being consistently present at IFSEC. Its our biggest marketing outlay of the year and we value it highly for both UK and International business. We'll be there for a few years to come Im sure.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

Difficult to quantify fully but we have sealed some very large retail projects off the back of being consistently present at IFSEC. Its our biggest marketing outlay of the year and we value it highly for both UK and International business. We'll be there for a few years to come Im sure.

The Redcare stand used to be lovely, but I think BT's excitement in signalling has dwindled somewhat over the years.

If you want me to go represent your product at ISC West, just yell!

Will ponder on that one...!

I seem to remember Securex ended up at the Excel? Im sure I we did the last show there, anyone remember that or did I dream it?

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

Brum is sh1te.

Parking a mess. Even after all these years.

Excell has better facilities, an Airport built for business.

And it is London...................

Simples

(God I hate that, but in this context it is right, as in the better location)

Brum is sh1te.

Excell has better facilities, an Airport built for business.

Simples

(God I hate that, but in this context it is right, as in the better location)

Not that your biased!

Never been to excell so looking forward to going. I prefer it in London because of the other things london has to offer.

so dying moves of ifsec?

be a shame but its more an end user event now. not much use to me. i like to go but only to say hello etc. i dont go to find new stuff.

Same. Use it to meet up with people. I'd be shocked to find something that educated me at IFSEC now.

Never been to excell so looking forward to going. I prefer it in London because of the other things london has to offer.

Exactly.

Especially if you`re down for the duration.

You have to try Jamie Olivers at Canary Wharf, great food great prices.

Then you have the city 2 miles away or so.

id guess thats why ifsec thinks a forum is a good idea, just before the event. Its a busy event but its no longer an installer event

That would be the forum you get paid to post on. How much you going to pay us for sticking on tsi?

London is sh1te.

Excell is in the **** end of nowhere, even if it has an Airport built for business.

So a no go for most of the country.

Edited by Cubit

I think the big problem is that most of us drive to IFSEC. Getting to Excel is a trip around the M25, and I mean right around if you have to come from almost anywhere bar Kent. Then you have to try and get home!

Getting across London from, say Hammersmith to the Excel is painful via Tube and DLR, and it takes over an hour.

London is probably more expensive to stay over and I think from an overseas visitor perspective is going to bust the bank, if not the first year, the next year.

For me, as an exhibitor, its going to cost us much more to be there from an accommodation and logistical overhead perspective.

Personally, I think its a poor choice. I hated trying to get there 10 years ago when we exhibited before and I hated it even more just recently when I visited the area for a day out. I was Nucking Fackered when I got there. Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man. I hope I'm wrong...

• Upvote 1

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk