Security Installer Community

Electric Gate Problem

Not sure if this is the right place to post......

One of our good clients has asked if we could at a electric gate as a favour, basically it is stuck open.

I have sent one of our engineers along he has checked all the usual voltage etc, all appears fine he seems to think it may be the board controlling the gate

Quadro Commando ZA4 - does anyone know where you can get hold of one of these and cost?

Anyone have any experience on gates have any suggestions?

It really is one of them jobs where you wish you stuck to your guns and stuck with sorry we don't do gates

Hi Guys

Thanks for replying, I have spoke with the engineer that went out to site he tried linking out the sensors, Im going to try and get a cost for the ZA4 board and swap that and see how we get on.

Did he meter the motor outputs on a command?

Could be the capasitors a cheap repair.

But the safeties would be the best bet. Any ground loops? They can degrade too.

They could have been lazy and used a open/safety in one go. That goes tits up the gates stay open.

Total stop button pressed somewhere? It happens.

Gates ( I assume a pair) are locked in place or are the bypasses in place?

Radio card fitted? Did he pull it off and let it run manual after a power recycle?

Fun ehh.

Try getting to Nottingham, great ofices, nice free lunch.

Not sure if Trevor is there still but he was the man. Nothing he didnt know.

Give this to your lads.

Covers all the control panels.

There is English on there but helps to read Italian a bit :D

PS once you have done a few gates they are nice and easy.

My fave controllers and automotors are Came and Nice.

Tend to dislike Faac and BPT, no particular reason, just like the first too.

Always helps if you can weld too, seen many a arm/track fallen off !!!

All control panels.pdf

• 1 year later...

Bump.... Had this today, was convinced before I even saw this thread or the gates it would be the sensors but turned out the relay board.

Basically if you tapped the relay(s), whichever had the sticky coil would move and all would be fine!

However, Oxo mentioned the hooj capacitors so wondered if anyone else had experience?

@ PSE where can I get a new ZA4 board for £45? Did have a direct CAME account once, was there where it was that price?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

CAME UK account area -

Danger: Malware Ahead!

Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www.cameuk.com.
Content from kszzavuu.freewww.info, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page
As reported to them back in DECEMBER. No idle threat either, as Windows Defender has just blocked and deleted a trojan....
Surely, is it just me???!! Or do they have no other customers?!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I've had a direct account with CAME for years now, Our discount has been said to be above some wholesalers,

Regarding the ZA4, I've just checked, We do pay less than my earlier post above.  We do get good prices as we go through a good amount of parts. 

• 2 years later...

I just found this old thread and wanted to know if any of you Gents can source me a ZA4 pcb trade?

Online is stupid money unless I'm looking in the wrong place?

cheers.

Paul.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

I can get one sent direct to you, but there has been a general manufacturer price increase, this thread is 2 years old,

I've not ordered one for a while now, I would have to check the current cost in the morning for you and get back to you tomorrow

21 hours ago, PSE said:

I can get one sent direct to you, but there has been a general manufacturer price increase, this thread is 2 years old,

I've not ordered one for a while now, I would have to check the current cost in the morning for you and get back to you tomorrow

cheers for that, once I get the old one out I may fix it as a spare, can't be much goes wrong, I suspect a toasted relay.

Paul.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Amateur Radio Forum

On 06/03/2017 at 10:21 PM, PSE said:

Did you get chance to price one for me?

My Amateur Radio Forum