Security Installer Community

2013 Udl Seminars By Webwayone

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be anyone at the moment, the commercial team dont operate in regions at the moment...Daren or Simon most likely. Blimey Matty's faster and more in tune with what we are doing than I am!

You let Simon out? Darren's very efficient though. He emailed me just before 10 reminding me I hadn't sent those test units back for a credit. He's like a dog with a bone. I could understand it if we owed you money, but not the other way around.

Oh...he's not all that bad....

He'd miss me if I left the forum now.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Haha, I'm going to smash that soap box soon though! :lol:

Ps: keep those webways away from Reidy's lot, talk about devaluing the brand ;)

They can't be picky if you've got one bArron :P

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Could be anyone at the moment, the commercial team dont operate in regions at the moment...Daren or Simon most likely. Blimey Matty's faster and more in tune with what we are doing than I am!

On a serious note Webway isn't for everyone, the dinosaurs aren't extinct yet but I think it's a good opportunity for installers who haven't seen a Webway in the flesh or met some of the great people behind it, those that are usually behind closed doors such as Phil to take a bit of time and to take a serious look at something new and exciting, especially with the issues DualCom have had and Redcare not really having a super replacement for the old analogue network. Old products have served us well in the past, but those old products haven't evolved for the future.

I suppose the worst that can happen is a waste of a bit of time to find out its not the product for you, but I think especially for a component as important as signalling, it's worth a look.

We currently use Emizon which we like, but Webwayone just seems to offer that bit more. We are increasingly using UDL and its pain in the **** if there is no IP available/practical on site

Hey Ho, Lets Go

We currently use Emizon which we like, but Webwayone just seems to offer that bit more. We are increasingly using UDL and its pain in the **** if there is no IP available/practical on site

We still have Emizon signalling to us, not so sure you'd like it so much if you were made aware of the outages and problems that occur but as an installer you don't see it, but an as arc we do. Does is not worry you that Emizon is a managed service and if they go pop you loose everything overnight and would be left having to change your estate out, at your cost with no warning? It terrified the hell out of me when they had an outage I couldn't talk to one single panel on my estate. UDL over GPRS is very reliable on Webway. I must admit, I was impressed. Remote manager which is the UDL proxy software is such a brilliant piece of software. Galaxy is a bit funny over GPRS but there are fixes for that that ww have done.

I don't believe Emizon have managed to get anywhere close to cracking UDL over GPRS. Its nowhere near as simple as UDL over IP.

News to me Aaron, I'll check it out with the guys in the morning. Callum is coming up to you soon isn't he?

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

I have been told by webway that there are some issues with GPRS UDL on the premier, the connection can take a few attempts. I am yet to try this though.

Not sure, Jim?

We got rid of our premier estate a whole ago. We have tested galaxy in IP,GPRS both as an Ethernet module and telecom module. ATS both IP and GPRS.

Surprised at premier as its by far the easiest to integrate to. Not sure if your arc is using hosted or direct model. We needed to install a modem on our receivers which basically texts via the private apn when you want to do a UDL call over GPRS otherwise I could be hit and miss when it connects just due to the nature of GPRS. It was quite costly to do, so not sure if all arcs do this as it was about £1k to add it on.

I wont lie we have had some pretty serious issues with Emizon in the past, but those days seem to be behind us, nothing recent anyway (wishful thinking perhaps :lol:)

As I say I am looking forward to seeing the product for myself

Hey Ho, Lets Go

If you put the units on static you won't have that retry issue assuming its a 57 board. Its the same over gprs on the gals.

Static what? We connect to gals over GPRS using the telecom mod setup due to timings issues. I believe on the hosted platform they have done a fix so you don't have to bother but on mine if I don't connect as a telecom mod so rss is tolerant to the possible delays on the packets coming back it bombs out.

Good point James...if call back were being used it may take one or two tries to get a connection.

Static IP on the SIM is pretty much nailed on every time.

Right...I was heading off to bed about an hour ago..Im going now!

Static what? We connect to gals over GPRS using the telecom mod setup due to timings issues. I believe on the hosted platform they have done a fix so you don't have to bother but on mine if I don't connect as a telecom mod so rss is tolerant to the possible delays on the packets coming back it bombs out.

We have a private APN into our hosted platform so we can run fixed IP to the SIM. Takes a lot of hassel out of having different sessions and multi comms ports for IP & Non IP connections within the Panel Manufacturers UDL packages. 

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

News to me Aaron, I'll check it out with the guys in the morning. Callum is coming up to you soon isn't he?

I think it was Callum or Ross that told me about it. I think its just Daren and Chris coming on the 11th as I suggested Calum just set our remote manager up via team viewer as its only a test at the minute.

Good point James...if call back were being used it may take one or two tries to get a connection.

Static IP on the SIM is pretty much nailed on every time.

Right...I was heading off to bed about an hour ago..Im going now!

Get ya now. O2 can swivel. I'm not paying zillions for a static IP facility in my MCTs as texting of the units via the apn works well even if it can take 15 seconds to connect. It's shocking how much O2 raped you for that facility although anyone using your hosted model gets the advantage of using it without coughing up any cost.

Jim I just like it to work, don't care how tbh. I'll have a play and let you know :)

I think it's clear what me and a few others think of Webway but it would be nice if the people that trial them after the seminars could post their reviews of them too, good or bad for a more balanced view.

Ok great. I've just had a chat with James (our Support Manager) on the Texecom and he says its fast becoming one of his favourite panels. Very easy to programme and the UDL is very simple to set up and get running. He thinks the comment on the connection time-outs is down to call back but not a major problem, it does connect everytime. Fixed IP on the SIM will cure it.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

Do you operate in exeter?

Im tempted to go to the exeter one. Not golf tho never played so would prob try the happy gilmore drive!

no, we're in hampshire but i hate london

I have been told by webway that there are some issues with GPRS UDL on the premier, the connection can take a few attempts. I am yet to try this though.

we connected to a prem elite 48 2.02 today on GPRS only, small setup issue but once that was solved it worked no problems. 

Not as much fun.....nice to meet you guys face to face.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

Archived