Security Installer Community

Replacing Exchange With Sogo V2

james.wilson

I'm thinking..... instead of an AM framed browser opening google maps off your AM "Map" button, your AM install/ PDA injects the postcode ect... into the PDA /  Desktop nav software.

Is that correct ?

Fck knows

Thats what i do on our db

The map is called from our tracking system showing current locations and the site is located by post code. Not perfect but works pretty well

Dont think its quite the same.

I could be talking tosh (for a change)

as i understand we have a google embedded map where all our suppliers and contracts are POI. If you link from AM it opens the embedded map using street,town,city, but NOT the PCode? once the map is open you then have your embeded data: contracts, suppliers etc and your PDA or VTU locations subject to the PDA running the program. The comms to the PDA is used by the navigator software as this can also send a new route if required, the, most part this is never used but the comms is a greast way to speak to a driver same as i used to rave about the Co-pilot just send a message with multipe choice Q.

The reports come into their own for calculating milage as you may recall our lads pay and reclaim on demand.

Im still buying HTC touch Pro2 (yes with a GGSim). and although AMaster now have the Android and Iphone app (Iphone sigCap is ****). both OS require liscences and the other kit wont work seemless. Its an ongoing project where ive yet to see a better opperation for such a low cost.

I love reading what other people do as jus occassionaly i get an insperation. as i said another 2 years

i

Customers!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived