Security Installer Community

DSL Filters..?

Service Engineer

Does anyone know to a source of Inline DSL filters. Not the ones with leads on, but ones which you could either splice into the line with or insert into the control panel.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Yeah, looked at that site.

I assume your reffering to the Hardwired Modular Microfilter, if so thats what im after but was hoping for something the size of a standard IDC junction box.

Ideally I want someting with 2 input & 2 output terminals and 2 in/out straight through terminals. You`d think in this SMD age that someone could make a nice small unit.

Something no bigger than a Redcare block would be great.

post-1-1093084457.jpg

still can't find What you're looking for, but here's an alternative?

http://www.adslnation.com/phpapps/catalog/...7affda844715c25

21252[/snapback]

bit steep on price! we use a similar product but is the smaller phone socket size, and has terminals on the back for both filtered and unfiltered outputs

cost: a fair bit cheaper than these!

James

pm me for details (the're at work)

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Guest Samholland

ACT make one expensive at 30pounds with about 8 connectors on it for IN/OUT and Thru connectors etc Just slightly bigger than a redcare block.

Dead easy to fit and works a treat. takes 60seconds to connect up.

Gardiner security will supply them...

• 5 weeks later...
Ideally I want someting with 2 input & 2 output terminals and 2 in/out straight through terminals. You`d think in this SMD age that someone could make a nice small unit.

Something no bigger than a Redcare block would be great.

I`m still looking, anyone got a supplier of something suitable..?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

i some how think that by now Dave has sourced some ................. (2004 was post date!)

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

We use Solwise filters just put them next to the panel so if an engineer goes to a job without a butt phone (which is most of em lol) they can still use a test phone. If you buy a few you can get a good price http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl_splitters.htm. Hope this helps. At my ols company we used to use sommat just a bit bigger than a redcare block, ill do some digging

Archived