Security Installer Community

Karizma + Fault

Roger99

I have a Karizma + system with two remote pads, which has been working reliably for years.

Today we had a 10 minute power cut, the panels showed AC as expected. The battery was recently changed so no apparent problem.

But when the mains was restored the AC displays remained and the keypads do not operate - no number entry and no beep.

There is obviously some sort of hangup because when I took the cover off the main unit it did not tamper alarm.

All the fuses are OK, the mains PSU is feeding the board and so is the battery. There is 13v on all the outputs.

One significant point is that the red led on the main board is not lit as it should be under normal conditions.

Does anyone have any advice please? I know this unit is out of date now but it's always worked well and I don't want to replace it if I can help it. Would resetting the NVM have any effect? I haven't tried this yet.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

be careful. These are obsolete and have been for a good few years. They use an iD wiring system, which limits what alarm can replace it....

Any way, if you're reasonably confident and have the engineer code proceed as follows

remove all power, then re power up off mains first (taking all mains related precautions) Hopefully it will initialise, then go into alarm condition. Tap in your code. 'Power up' should now show. Now tap in the engineer code. Now connect battery, put lid on, now press X. It should go back to 'day' status.

Anything saying watchdog means its ******. A checksum fault requires a full default.....

Wow, thanks for the very quick responses.

I'll try that in the morning. It's a bit late now to set off alarms.

I put this in myself, forget exactly how old it is, but it's always performed well.

If I do have to replace it, is there anything out there that is compatible with the iD units?

How many sensors?

You can fit a Texecom Premier 24..... you can get an iD expander that can use up to point 24 iD biscuits, so if all your sensors are under that number you're ok. You must make sure you source an Premier 24 and not an Elite as you cant use an iD expander on this panel.

Or a Premier 48 with 60xiD expander these are the options we use. Gardtec have a an expansion unit, and i believe Castle still make panels that work with iD.

I've get 8 sensors altogether.

Never had any problems with the iD's.

Replaced the PIRs for dual-mode a couple of years back, carried the iDs over and no problems.

Battery is fine, Have just put a heavy load on it and it stands up well.

If I do have to replace the whole lot, what's the best panel for 8 inputs? - cost not an issue.

Will report back tomorrow when I've tried the power-off reset.

Archived