Security Installer Community

Landmark On Watchdog

PeterJames

"The second part, is fire. Now, ours is linked to the system so if you have a fire that flags up as well. So potentially we're putting out a fire in your home you didn't even know anything about."

These guys are the lowest of the low and discredit the entire industry.

I would hope that SSAIB are considering a review.

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

I would hope that they have a 'little fire' at their offices......................pass that milk bottle will you

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Your program this week was of particular interest to me as I am the MD of an approved security company.

I wondered if you had noticed Landmark are a member of the Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board (SSAIB)? The below statement is quoted from the SSAIB website under the heading "What are the benefits of Third Party Certification"

"The fundamental benefit of Third Party product Certification – put simply – is seated in giving the specifier, customer, end user, regulator or any combination of these an informed choice when purchasing or selecting a product or service.

The service carrying the badge or mark of a reputable Third Party Certification Body (like SSAIB), will give safeguards as to its performance. Third Party Certification enables providers to present their credentials to potential clients and demonstrate that they are subject to independent scrutiny and will deliver a quality product or service which can be relied upon.

Additionally in the rare event of a dispute arising between a certificated or approved service provider, which it has not been possibly to resolve between the parties directly, SSAIB will seek to resolve the matter by initially providing an arbitration services. In the event of the dispute being proved to be due to the failure of a certificated or approved organisation failing to comply with SSAIB rules and/or scheme criteria, the organisation will be expected to carry out remedial work to resolve the issue. Failure of a certificated or approved firm to do so will jeopardise the registration of the organisation."

I feel that a company using practices such as shown in your program, gives our whole industry a bad name. But not only is this company giving the industry a bad name, it is putting a mockery on approval.

I know that your program is about exposing rogue traders, however, I would be interested in what SSAIB has to say about the conduct of Landmark?

Kind regards

Peter

Archived