Security Installer Community

Landmark On Watchdog

PeterJames

Another rip off security company, £6k for a Daitem wireless system and fifteen years monitoring and maintenance. SAS were a very similar company to Landmark but they went bang a year or so ago, leaving lots of customers with less than two years monitoring for their £6k

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive taken over a couple now, in both cases the customer had paid SAS by credit card so we advised that they claimed their money back from the credit card company under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. They successfully got their money back and now have a brand new shiny alarm 15 year fully comp contract with me. Its a win win situation for us and the customer, I did feel sorry for the credit card compamy though.

just watched a little ***** with novelty haircut, bad suit & worse attitude, wanting 8k for tat....

I would of given him a piece of my mind!

Landmark have one director and seem to of started the same year that SAS went into liquidation. Looking at their accounts it looks like they owe more than the have in the bank, I cannot see how that could happen the prices theyre charging

The director of Landmark apears unrelated to the director of sas, doesnt mean a thing either way seems very suspect though

Wasn't SAS run by that dodgy footballer? Pulled out a few of their ***** systems over the last couple of years. All of their customers are over the age of 55 and the way they got their business was shocking. Usually all are in the £3k+ price bracket.

Wasn't SAS run by that dodgy footballer? Pulled out a few of their ***** systems over the last couple of years. All of their customers are over the age of 55 and the way they got their business was shocking. Usually all are in the £3k+ price bracket.

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2011/03/sas-fire-and-security-and-crim.html

Tha's what I thought!!, and all they list on the site is Visonic stuff, robbing gits, its people like these that give our industry a bad name, glad they have been outed

Yeah I noticed it was Visonic, the SAS mob were selling Daitem

well thats a refreshing change, a dogdy co. claiming to be SSAIB who are really in the SSAIB !

I'm certain the SSAIB rules state they won't have high pressure sales types within their ranks

Well someone should report them, they are giving SSAIB a bad name

the sales pitch was I will stay here till you sign and no matter how many times you ask me to go I wont, once I do finally get the message i will be rude and ignorant and tell you that you have been wasting my time, and that it you should not invite salesmen around if you are not going to buy from them. Then I will phone you two or three times a day drop the price from £9k to £5k and then come round to be interegated by Matt Allbright.

Then when they get the job its installed withing 48 hrs before you get a chance to change your mind and the contract is for 15 years

Watch it on catchup or iplayer it was interesting stuff

"The second part, is fire. Now, ours is linked to the system so if you have a fire that flags up as well. So potentially we're putting out a fire in your home you didn't even know anything about."

These guys are the lowest of the low and discredit the entire industry.

I would hope that SSAIB are considering a review.

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

I would hope that they have a 'little fire' at their offices......................pass that milk bottle will you

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived