Security Installer Community

Ssaib Company Not Registered Displaying Logos

Hi

Dont want to get anyone into trouble here, but I have noticed that if you Google "dprsecure ssaib" you will come accross dprsecure.

They state many many times that they are acredited by the SSAIB.

Yet they are not, I have checked and they are not on the list.

I did send an email to the SSAIB but nothing has happened.

They also state in their web site

"DPR Secure are soon to become proud members of SSAIB, the leading certification body responsible for promoting and upholding high quality and service standards within the electronic security, fire systems and guarding security industries in the UK."

http://www.dprsecure.co.uk/about.asp

Surely they cannot say this when they are not. Even if they have just applied I dont think they can say this until approval?

Anyway I think they have also used the wrong SSAIB logo also.

Seems like you can say whatever you like these days. They are all over google on sponsored links.

Just search for "cctvleeds" you will find them.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Local trading standards might be a better idea?

Being a touch bitchy I can think of a NSI silver co. who display "NACOSS Silver" badges an non SSAIB co. who's website says SSAIB & thats just forum members...... as for the working towards NSI I can think of one local to me who's being showing that on the website for 10yrs now.... nowt worse than wannabes & charletens

Mr? Veritas God

"DPR Secure are soon to become proud members of SSAIB, the leading certification body responsible for promoting and upholding high quality and service standards within the electronic security, fire systems and guarding security industries in the UK."

yet else where they claim

DPR Secure is also a member of The Security Systems

and Alarms Inspection Board (SSAIB), which confirms our

professionalism and provides complete peace of mind

and confidence to all our domestic security customers.

The SSAIB are very strict on the correct running of a

security company and constantly vet our staff, work

tasks and premises to ensure the customer receives a first

class service

All of DPR Secure’s work complies with the relevant British

or European Standards for intruder alarm systems and we

are regularly inspected by the SSAIB (Security Systems

& Alarms Inspection Board). We

work to stringent quality control

procedures which ensure complete

peace of mind and confidence to all our

commercial security customers

info from here http://www.dprsecure.../DPR-Secure.pdf

SSAIB & other logo's shown on the van.... however the SSAIB site does not show a member within 2 miles of the postcode given on the "secure" site nor any relevant co. with "DPR" in its name

The co. no. given on the "secure" website belongs to DPR ltd which finds us here http://www.dprltd.co.uk/ which appears to be an established damp proofing & roofing co.

Now assuming this co is claiming to be SSAIB when there not, I think that is at best dishonest & not really the quality any one should be looking for in a security company

Mr? Veritas God

I'm assuming this is public?

yep

Send them another email and include the link here and ask for a comment?

splendid idea,

We are seeing an increasing number of electricians advertising themselves as being registered with NICEIC when they are NOT. They are using our logo on their websites, vans and paperwork to mislead those hiring them into believing they are registered with us.

http://niceic.com/householder/wall-of-shame

could be something both badges might wan to copy ?

Mr? Veritas God

DPR are about 2-3 miles form me, started out as a builder (Daz Rickett) doing damp proofing. Into allsorts over the last 2-3 years lettings etc but not alarms afaik.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

DPR are about 2-3 miles form me, started out as a builder (Daz Rickett) doing damp proofing. Into allsorts over the last 2-3 years lettings etc but not alarms afaik.

http://www.dprsecure.co.uk/team.asp

At DPR Secure we have assembled a strong team of talented individuals, all focused on ensuring that our customers receive the best possible level of service. Whilst our engineers are experts at installing and maintaining our security products in Yorkshire, our support staff are trained in customer service and administration.

IMG_4866.jpg

Our management team has over 40 years combined experience and are totally committed to delivering and maintaining high quality standards. We have created a culture of complete transparency at DPR Secure, so if you have any questions or queries, please feel to give us a call.

Key DPR Secure Personnel:

Darren Rickett

Managing Director

- Over 20 years experience

- Established DPR in 1989

- Oversees overall running of business

- Responsible for Business Development

“It is my main goal to achieve a standard in the marketplace that no one can match. We continue to strive forwards with the DPR brand and are now a recognised name for all property related matters throughout Yorkshire.”

Mr? Veritas God

What is very funny is the "meet the team"

One goes onto say:-

Neil Taylor

Partner & Office Manager

- Over 10 years experience

- Joined DPR in 2002

- Office management and contract placement

- Responsible for Business Development with Darren Rickett

“My time at DPR has brought me to realise just how many bogus firms there are out there, we aim to rid the industry of such firms.”

Haha, bogus firms, they need to look in the mirror, I also like this page:-

http://www.prlog.org...y-services.html

Shaun Crutchley, Directory commented, “There’s probably never been a better time to launch a security business. Not only is crime on the increase, but businesses are also reviewing existing maintenance costs in order to save money. We see a real opportunity to grow our client base by offering discounted CCTV, Burglar Alarm and Fire Alarm maintenance contracts”

Really,,,,,he needs to just ask installers how quiet it is in the industry and how many installers have been laid off over the past year or so. Looks like there roofing business is failing and they looked into what else they can do for customers.

I must say however there website does make all the right noises, and looks great.

A plus point

I'm not aware of them being dodgy and always seem to be busy, just a thought and in their defence, how long does it take from passing accreditation to appearing on the SSAIB site?

forgive me if I'm wrong but

A) is that a BT pole?

IMG_7992%281%29.jpg

B) would they not be better fitting a fall pipe first?

IMG_7975%281%29.jpg

Ya all seem to be jealous of this company . I have used them for years. First class work and genuine guys. Company turns over millions I have heard. Stop bitching and go cut ya grass ya set of busy nobody's

Oh dear.

Best you ask your boss for a copy of the Company accounts then. ;)

I agree, and whilst you are a good customer of DPR, and I applaud you for defending them so vigorously, (I really do!) perhaps you could answer the question about SSAIB accreditation?

Maybe they fitted fall pipe after. Bt poles are private if sited within own premises and therefore ya can put on them what ya like.

Accounts don't show turnover.

Or salaries and dividends

Not the limited/abbreviated versions. No.

But they show enough to make your comment of millions a load of tosh.

Archived