Security Installer Community

Ipad

LastChance

Differing thoughts again then. I don't see how a pure engineer has the time nor the access to the regs to be able to do that

JW careful who you disagree with you may find your pets head in your bed one morning.

Can't remember last time I got straight A,s. IPOF I would be concerned if I didn't find something wrong on an audit. I know most jobs have criteria built in which stop straight A,s. Possibly Operating instructions adjacent to keypad on some panels?

Customers!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IPOF I would be concerned if I didn't find something wrong on an audit. I know most jobs have criteria built in which stop straight A,s. Possibly Operating instructions adjacent to keypad on some panels?

Surely that is an issue that the Inspectorate should discuss with the manufacturers if it goes against their 'criteria'?

Or is it a case where the Manufacturers have told the inspectorates to go and do one?

Surely that is an issue that the Inspectorate should discuss with the manufacturers if it goes against their 'criteria'?

Or is it a case where the Manufacturers have told the inspectorates to go and do one?

I dont think this is an inspectors criteria unless of course we agree that the inspectors criteria is to check againt the standards. So in my exaample some manufacturers do place the opperating instructions on the keypad, some do not but it has to be the installer that makes sure this is done.

Its a bit like driving anyone who beleives he (or she) is a straight "A" driver and uses a clean liscence to PROVE thier point then i would say they are deluded. I have a clean liscence and i know im a **** driver. Passing an advanced driver course proves nothing.

Have i wired in a cavity? yes! not a straight "A" then is it.

Customers!

I dont think this is an inspectors criteria unless of course we agree that the inspectors criteria is to check againt the standards. So in my exaample some manufacturers do place the opperating instructions on the keypad, some do not but it has to be the installer that makes sure this is done.

Its a bit like driving anyone who beleives he (or she) is a straight "A" driver and uses a clean liscence to PROVE thier point then i would say they are deluded. I have a clean liscence and i know im a **** driver. Passing an advanced driver course proves nothing.

Have i wired in a cavity? yes! not a straight "A" then is it.

calm down sir, i was merely expanding on the example you quoted.

calm down sir, i was merely expanding on the example you quoted.

Cubit. Curious! Why did u say calm down? I read over and over and must be missing something an in light of recent events I would hate to think it was a trend

Customers!

Cubit. Curious! Why did u say calm down? I read over and over and must be missing something an in light of recent events I would hate to think it was a trend

i didn't read your post that way..

Calm down - 8-)

You just seemed (albeit to me anyway) you had your dander up.

It seem to me that every thread is being drawn into oxo arguing with folk, and stating he is the security messiah of this industry.

I would rather have Arfur Mo back!

Just incase I get a lawyers letter this was my post and my opinion that may be wrong and are viewed as I read others posts.

!

Archived