Security Installer Community

Dualcom Gprs Grade 3 Dual Path Failure Reporting Times Test

On 15/03/2012 at 0:30 PM, jimcarter said:

This is a bit off topic but there's some important comments here. James..if you end up reading this you may want to put it somewhere else..if you excuse the expression!

The reg makers are actually from within the Industry and nominated experts by the BSIA & BSI. These experts are normally employees of a manufacturer or some body within the industry. Each country nominates their own experts depending on the topic. Signalling is covered under EN50136 and my company is one of the nominated experts, CSL and Chubb have representation to.

Each country, each supplier have their own agendas. They want to protect their manufacturers interest and the manufacturers want to ensure that their products meet the standard. What we end up with, is a minimum requirement, and this is what the EN standards are.

What then happens, is that each country adds in it's own additional requirements that make improvements on those standards, and this is where product certification comes in. In Scandinavia it's DNV, in Germany its VDS, in the Benelux it's Telefication, France it's AFNOR. In the UK, we have the BRE and their LPS standards which actually cover more than just signalling. LPS1277 has been around for a long time, it's only Version 3 that has got some people hot under the collar.

Personally, I agree totally with LPS1277 V3 and it is clear that if someone can disable a dual path system the ARC/Client etc should know very quickly. That is, within 3 and a half minutes on IP/GPRS & 11 Minutes for GPRS/PSTN. EN gives you upto 5 hours at Grade 4(!), 24 Hours at Grade 3(!), that is not good enough and WebWayOne has always argued as such.

So your saying some or most manufacturers put in a clause undercover to keep there products from failing regs at times because they know there products can't meet the regs so add on a few hours and it's all sorted 

Perhaps

Hardcore i reckon my dual path pstn gsm will report within minutes (if i got signal of course )