Security Installer Community

I Need A Dvr To Email Me ?

DBS

Hi there, I wonder if any of you could help here. I am after a DVR which will email me upon motion detect. I know that there are loads of them out there that do it bit I am having major problems getting any to do it.

Here are the ones I have tried:

Norbains own Xeno 4 Ch

Honeywell HRHD16+

360 Visions Avalon 16Ch

Little Cheap COP Inspire Blue 4Ch

I have spoken to various "tech support" people but I think its a bit over their heads as a lot of them don't make sense

I think by now I have tried everything but just wondered if anyone has got one going??

Any help would be great cheers:proud:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I was told that I could use my smtp server address as long as it does not have ssl turned on,which it hasn't , yet still no joy.

According to the guys at cop I have all the settings correct (they have even dialled into it to check)

Do I need to set up my own smtp server then?

No it should work with any smtp server smtp is smtp (or send message to people) you need to check other outgoing settngs such as port and authentication methods,and passwords, you should check with your service provider if you are not sure of these

Ive got all the passwords and ports set correctly as I can send mail from a PC which is on the same LAN as my DVR.

Back to the drawing board I think.

cheers

Well if tech support can connect to the DVR remotely it proves its working on the LAN, and you have the correct SMTP settings then it must be a faulty DVR, good luck with the COP returns dept

Well if tech support can connect to the DVR remotely it proves its working on the LAN, and you have the correct SMTP settings then it must be a faulty DVR, good luck with the COP returns dept

I don't agree, tech can't rule out user error on passwords etc.

For the record I have never had any returns issues.

Op: feel free to PM me you DVR login details and Ill have a gander.

Archived